Fund management / administration and investment banking
The funds industry in Ireland offers a variety of career opportunities for graduates, and employers can be found in several locations, from Dublin to Cork, Limerick, Galway and Kilkenny. The industry is young and vibrant, with 70 per cent of those working in the sector under thirty years of age.
Job opportunities for graduates include fund management and administration, investment banking, investment management along with corporate banking (financial services for companies with high turnovers) and private banking (services for high net-worth individuals).
Entry routes for these jobs is usually through a graduate training scheme, and many recruiters also offer internships which can give you valuable experience when it comes to applying for jobs. While these are competitive areas to get into, the good news is that you don’t necessarily need a degree in finance. You can expect a career that is a fast-paced, demanding and well rewarded.
Fund management / administration and investment banking careers advice
- Careers in fund management/administration and investment banking
Graduate careers in fund management/administration and investment banking: getting a job, applications, working life and salaries. More...
- Top employers in investment and investment banking
The most popular graduate recruiters in investment and investment banking More...
Areas of work
- Graduate Programme - Analyst: Citi
- Business Analyst, 3 years' experience: gradireland Recruitment Service
- Operations Executive: gradireland Recruitment Service
- Operations Executive with 2 years' experience: gradireland Recruitment Service
- Corporate Governance Research Associate: Glass Lewis Europe Ltd
Free from your careers service or download here.