Intel Ireland Ltd
What they say
- Graduate employer profile
- Graduate jobs and schemes
Graduate Process Engineer (contract)
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!
Graduate Process Engineer 615236 Responsibilities and Details Intel Ireland is Intel’s centre of excellence in Europe. Since 1989, Intel has invested US$7 billion turning 360 acres of the Collinstown industrial park into the most advanced industrial campus in Europe.
Intel’s Leixlip campus is the home of the Fab24 semi-conductor wafer fabrication facilities, produces 300mm wafers on multiple process technologies, and is one of Intel’s most technologically advanced, high volume manufacturing plants in the world.
The Fab 24 Process Engineering Department is looking for highly motivated Graduate Engineers to support its semiconductor operations on the Leixlip campus for a full time 11 month contract. The successful candidates will be expected to drive rapid continuous improvement in safety, quality, yield, reliability, cost, process capability, output and productivity while maintaining rigorous and best tool matching within the Intel 300mm factory network.
Job duties include
- Technical sustaining ownership of day-to-day operations on a particular process or toolset.
- Equipment troubleshooting and mentoring technicians across all shifts to deliver best-in-class results for tool availability, cycle time, defects and parametric performance.
- Hands-on operations, problem solving and participation with high factory floor presence.
- The job also includes developing solutions to problems utilising formal education, statistical knowledge, and problem-solving tools as well as developing strategies to prevent problems from recurring in future. Qualifications The candidate must be a Recent College Graduate who has graduated within the last 6 months with a minimum Hons Bachelors Degree in a Science or Engineering discipline (which would include but not exclusively; Electronic Eng., Electrical Eng., Physics, Applied Chemistry, Chemical Eng. , Mechanical Eng., Material Science, etc.). Qualification should be at minimum of Level 8 in the NFQ (National Framework of Qualifications www.nfq.ie) or equivalent.
Key Competencies and Skills Requirements
- Strong technical fundamentals and knowledge in candidate’s area of expertise.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of semiconductor theory and wafer processing.
- Strong attention to detail. Able to be alert in a high-risk environment and ensure accuracy in documentation and data. Able to carefully monitor equipment or process performance and organize and maintain a system of records.
- Passion for continuous improvement, learning and self development.
- Application of advanced problem solving techniques to drive solutions to a wide range of theoretical and practical problems, which require a high degree of innovation and ingenuity
- Self starter, with the ability to communicate at all levels in the organisation.
- High level of commitment and flexibility required to succeed in a dynamic and fast paced changing environment.
- Executes and flourishes in an ambiguous environment. Executes an extremely low tolerance for variation or not meeting an indicator target or goal, and takes responsibility for actions and outcomes.