Engineer, manufacturing and production
Engineering is the application of science for the benefit of humankind; manufacturing/production engineering is the combined art and science of designing, developing and managing the manufacture of quality products.
Manufacturing/production engineers design and develop the process that makes a product. They are concerned with developing processes and systems that improve quality and productivity in the manufacture of a product, while meeting the highest requirements in health and safety.
- Inventing and designing the tools for the machines used in the manufacturing process and ensuring the parts work properly to produce quality products
- Designing, developing and operating robotic systems in a variety of industries including the automotive and spacecraft sectors
- Developing new models and processes to assist in areas including higher levels of production and analysing manufacturing systems
- Conducting risk analysis and improvements to environmental and operational efficiencies
- Developing and implementing quality management systems in manufacturing industries
- Measuring the performance of materials and components
- Establishing systems to plan and control the manufacture of products.