Is this course for me?
Our Master of Arts in Accounting will enhance your analytical skills and teach you advanced accounting subjects in theory and practice. The course provides postgraduate education and training at the forefront of accounting and accounting-related practice.
With generous exemptions from ACCA, CPA, CAI and CIMA, our innovative Masters programme is highly successful and has been developed in close collaboration with the Professional Accounting Bodies.
With a two month industry placement and an excellent employment record with the 'Big 4' you can look forward to opportunities in key accounting roles in multinational organisations and practices.
• Generous exemptions from ACCA, CPA, CAI, and CIMA
• Proven track record with professional exams
• Two month industry placement
• 100% employment record including the "Big 4"
• Leading national and international best practice speakers.
Minimum Entry Requirements
Level 8 Honours Degree with a specialisation in accounting, second class honours (2.2). However 2.1 is preferable. If you don't have an honours degree but have relevant experience you may also eligible to apply via Recognition Prior Learning (RPL).
Master of Arts in Accounting
Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting
• Tax Practice (M)
• Audit Practice (M)
• Performance Measurement (M)
• Research Methods (M)
• Academic Writing (O)
• Advanced Finance (M)
• Integrated Case Studies In Accounting (M)
• Advanced Financial Accounting (M)
• Corporate Governance (M)
• IT Applications for the Professional Accountant (M)
Choose from one of the following Electives (E)*:
• Work Based Learning Project
• Research Development & Dissertation
* Not required for postgraduate diploma
1 year, full-time
2 years, part-time
PGDip: 9 months
To facilitate people wishing to combine work and study the programme has a flexible mode of delivery. This means that anyone working in an accounting capacity and completing professional accounting exams will also be able to attend classes. Delivery will be blended using a combination of face to face lectures and online delivery. 2 afternoons/evenings per week for 1 yr Fulltime or 1 afternoon/evening per week for 2 years Part-time (for those in employment).
EU Fees: €5,000.00
Non-EU Fees: €10,000.00
Post Course Info
The main employers are:
Graduate careers typically include:
*Qualified Accountant (ICA, ACCA, CIMA)