Accounting - Conversion Course - Galway
• The Post-Graduate Diploma in Accounting (PDA), which has been running in GMIT since 2010, is designed to fast-track graduates who wish to pursue careers in Accountancy or Taxation.
• It is a one year "conversion programme" aimed at non-accounting graduates from disciplines such as Arts, Computers, Education, Engineering, and Science. Business or Commerce graduates, who have not majored in Accountancy, may also find the programme beneficial.
• The PDA is a dedicated post-graduate course. The small class size facilitates greater interaction for students with lecturers who are experts in their respective fields; this results in an excellent learning environment. Click here to see lecturer profiles.
• Successful completion of the course will give graduates full CAP1 exemptions from Chartered Accountants Ireland, seven of the nine Fundamental ACCA papers and three of the four part 1 Irish Tax Institute papers.
• Accountancy offers a defined career path, while offering a range of employment options.
• Accountancy professionals are consistently in demand in private and public organisations.
• Training as an Accountant offers increasingly varied roles within organisations at the heart of business development.
Students undertake an induction course commencing in September and a total of 8 modules, ranging from 5 credits to 15 credit modules.
Lectures are held throughout the week, with total weekly contact hours ranging from 25-28 hours.
Due to the intensive nature of the programme significant additional self-study is also required of students.
Business Law 5 credits
Taxation 1 (Post Grad) 5 credits
Ethics, Risk and Corporate Governance 5 credits
Corporate Law 5 credits
Taxation 2 (PG) 5 credits
Financial Accounting 15 credits
Management Accounting (PG) 10 credits
Financial Management 10 credits
A minimum of a 2:2 in a L8 degree of any denomination.
Details on how to apply for Postgraduate Courses at ATU
Applications for programmes commencing in September 2023 are NOW OPEN.
Click on "Application Weblink" below.
If you have any queries or need any assistance applying for a postgraduate course please contact our Graduate Studies and Professional Development (GSPD) team who will guide you through the process.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and reference the course you're interested in applying for in your message.
Are you an international student? Please contact the International Office for more information:
Tel: +353 (0)91 74 2149/2211
1 year full-time on campus.
Fees: €5,000 (EU Fee). Non-EU Fee - Enquiries to GMIT International Office - email@example.com
Post Course Info
This course is primarily designed for those who wish to pursue a career in Accountancy, although you may choose to utilise your accounting knowledge in conjunction with your primary degree.
The course prepares you for employment in the accounting function of industry and with firms of professional accountants, as well as with other financial services employers. There are many different types of accounting roles, and Accountants today play a very strategic role within business.
The main types of accountants are Professional Accountants (who work in private practice) or Management Accountants (who work in companies), but there are many specialist roles such as Auditors and Taxation Consultants.