Applied Computing - Tallaght
• Provide Computing (and cognate) honours bachelors graduates with high level training focussed on specialist technological skills, including employability skills appropriate to an advanced ICT environment
• Develop graduates who can solve unseen problems in areas they may not have a detailed knowledge of, but which fall under their remit or responsibility
• Prepare students for research, innovation and leadership roles in the ICT sector
• Offer students the opportunity to conduct their research project in industry, in association with industry or in a related area within the Institute
• Enable students to work for a significant period of time on an original research project to generate outputs that will be publishable.
• Guide students in preparation of a peer reviewed journal articles, conference presentation or patent type documents.
• Prepare students for the diverse challenges of research and innovation
• Guide students in the analysis and design of novel solutions to cutting edge research questions.
• Offer students a progression route to PhD.
Experiential Learning (generally work placement) in Ireland/ abroad is mandatory in year 3, semester 6
Year 1 Note
Students agree modules which support dissertation area and project with dissertation committee. Area must be aligned to working area.
• Semester 1
• Semester 2
Aligned Module 2
Minimum Entry Requirements?
• B. Sc. Honours in Computing or a cognate area or Equivalent
• Second class honours or equivalent expected for admission.
• Research area aligned to area of employment/work.
How to Apply
For queries on the application process please contact: email@example.com
Or call the Lifelong Learning Team on: 01-404 2101
Method of Delivery
Post Course Info
What are my career opportunities?
• New Application Developer
• Team Lead
• Research, Innovation and Leadership roles in the ICT sector
• Roles requiring analysis and design of novel solutions to cutting edge ICT questions.
Graduates of this programme may proceed to postgraduate studies leading to the award of MSc, MPhil or PhD at research institutes and universities worldwide.