Art & Technology
This course is designed to give a breadth of experience in audio and visual art and technologies to expand and develop their personal arts practice. It also enables artists to continue as artist-researchers in practice-based research should they wish to pursue further studies.
Choose 5 from the following:
• Fundamentals of Audio Video & Programming
• Physical Computing
• Code and Art
• Realtime Audio and Video
• Time Based Media
• Virtual and Augmented Reality Design
• Art & Technology Studio 1
• Art & Technology Studio 2
• Research Methods for Art & Design
Electives (choose 1):
• Visual Coding
• Event Driven Programming
• Advanced Video Production
• Multimedia Industry Perspectives
• Utopian Studies
• Digital Fabrication
• Graduation Studio
• Career Development
We seek graduates with an enthusiasm for hands-on exploration and creation. We welcome applicants from a diverse range of backgrounds including art, architecture, computer science, engineering, social studies, music, design and performance. Applicants are assessed based upon creative ability, academic record and technical capacity.
A primary degree with first or second-class honours (Level 8 – National Qualifications Authority of Ireland or equivalent) in Art (including for example, Fine Art, Music, Theatre and Performance), Design, Engineering, or Computer Science.
Alternatively, in lieu of prior academic work, applicants with significant portfolios and/or professional experience will be considered for admission.
Applicants are requested to submit a portfolio showing previous creative and technical work, professional, academic or research. Links to online documentation/work are preferred (e.g. vimeo, youtube, soundcloud, personal portfolio website). Applicants may be called for an interview. The interview normally takes 20-30 minutes and includes a review of the portfolio.
How to apply:
1. Choose your programme.
2. Check closing date for the programme.
3. Apply online at www.ul.ie
4. Have your supporting documentation ready to upload.
5. Pay the application fee (€35 online / €40 bank draft or cheque).
6. Submit your application.
WHAT TO INCLUDE WITH YOUR APPLICATION:
Qualification transcripts and certificates
A copy of your birth certificate (long document)
If your qualifications have been obtained in a country where English is an official language this will suffice
If this is not available, the following additional documents must be provided:
• English translation of your qualification(s)/transcripts
• English language competency certificate
1 year full-time.