What is this programme about?
The programme is aimed at graduates and professionals who require specialist Building Information Modelling (BIM) management skills to manage this function within a Built Environment setting. For new graduate entrants to the sector it will provide a competitive edge as they embark on a career in this sector. For professionals who are already working in the area and who may not have such a formal qualification it will provide a skillset to further develop their careers.
On completion of this programme, students should be able to:
• Interact with, evaluate & interrogate BIM models to derive relevant 4D/5D/6D outputs using appropriate software tools.
• Understand and evaluate the interaction processes involved in designing, constructing and managing a building through use of BIM models and data sets.
• Critically analyse and select BIM management techniques to achieve the desired deliverables/handover and performance outcomes.
• Comprehend contractual and legal requirements and their implications within the BIM processes.
• Develop standard BIM work policies, procedures & processes and define roles and responsibilities of all parties involved in a BIM project.
What subjects will I study?
Minimum 2nd class Honours Degree in civil engineering, quantity surveying, facilities management, architectural technology, construction management, building surveying, architecture, architectural science or equivalent qualification in a cognate discipline area.
All applicants will be considered on a case-by-case basis. IT Carlow reserves the right to require applicants to attend for an interview to determine their suitability for the programme.
Apply Online: www.itcarlow.ie/LLL
1 YEAR – PART-TIME
1 evening per week 7.00 - 10.00pm (Indicative)