What is this course about?
Our certificate in BIM management is an excellent choice for graduates and professionals who require specialist BIM skills within a Build Environment setting. For new entrants to the sector, it provides a competitive edge to your existing skillset. For those already working in the field, it provides the opportunity to gain a formal qualification in relation to your existing skills that will enhance career development potential.
On completion of this course, students should be able to:
• Interact with, evaluate & interrogate BIM models to derive relevant 4D/5D/6D outputs using appropriate software tools.
• Understand and evaluate the interaction processes involved in designing, constructing and managing a building through use of BIM models and data sets.
• Critically analyse and select BIM management techniques to achieve the desired deliverables/handover and performance outcomes.
• Comprehend contractual and legal requirements and their implications within the BIM processes.
• Develop standard BIM work policies, procedures & processes and define roles and responsibilities of all parties involved in a BIM project.
What subjects will I study?
Minimum 2nd class Honours Degree in civil engineering, quantity surveying, facilities management, architectural technology, construction management, building surveying, architecture, architectural science or equivalent qualification in a cognate discipline area.
All applicants will be considered on a case-by-case basis. SETU reserves the right to require applicants to attend for an interview to determine their suitability for the course.
Apply Online: www.itcarlow.ie/LLL
12 weeks part-time. 1 evening per week 7.00 - 10.00pm (Indicative).