This one-year postgraduate programme is designed for the non business graduate. Aimed at providing business management skills for students who would have studied in other academic fields at undergraduate level. Students are encouraged to become an independent and innovative thinker with a sound understanding of theoretical issues and the ability to put these theories into practice. The programme provides a blend of theoretical knowledge and practical skills development facilitated through active learning approaches. The programme offers the skills to allow students convert from other disciplines into the business world or augment their existing qualifications to improve employment prospects.
Modules taught on the programme are contemporary Marketing and Branding, Strategic Management, HRM - OB, Financial Decision Making, Economics for Business, New Venture Creation.
The Higher Diploma in Business Management is a 'conversion programme' designed to foster business management skills in non-business graduates. This skill set has been identified as a key requirement for future economic growth by various state agencies including Forfas.
What are the entry requirements?
1. An honours degree (level 8) in a non-business or a non-cognate discipline or approved equivalent qualification. Priority of entry will be given to applicants with a higher classification of award.
2. A level 7 qualification in a non-business or a non-cognate discipline and at least 1 year relevant professional experience/responsibility.
3. Special Case Registrations: Prospective participants who do not meet the entry requirements for the programme detailed above, but who may qualify for admission by meeting certain other equivalent criteria, should apply to the Admissions Office for consideration
Learners are assessed by means of assignments across all modules. In completing these assignments learners will be expected to apply theoretical concepts to their own individual workplace. All employer information obtained by the learner to complete assignments will be treated confidentially.
Microeconomics for Business 5 credits
Strategic Management Concepts 5 credits
Principles of Marketing 5 credits
Organisational Behaviour 5 credits
Enterprise and Innovation 5 credits
Financial Decision Making 2 5 credits
Macroeconomics for Business 5 credits
Strategic Management Practice 5 credits
Brand Management 5 credits
Human Resource Management 5 credits
New Venture Planning 5 credits
Financial Decision Making 1 5 credits
1 year full-time / part-time
Entry fee for this programme is €4,350 but is subject to change.
How To Apply:
1. Apply Online (Please see "Application Weblink below).
2. Email: Download and complete the Application Form from the course page and email to email@example.com
3. By Post: Download and complete the Application Form from the course page and post to our Flexible Learning office in Moylish or Thurles.
4. In Person: Download and complete the Application Form from the course page and bring to our Flexible Learning office in Moylish or Thurles.
Moylish Campus - Monday evenings - proposed commencement date is Monday 16th September 2019.
Post Course Info
Are there opportunities for further study?
On completion of these programmes, graduates will also be able to apply for Level 9 qualifications in the field of business including LIT's own Master of Business in Marketing & Management Strategy.
What are the career prospects?
Graduates will have the skills and knowledge to:
•Apply relevant management techniques to effectively manage a range of business functions
•Develop marketing strategies to be used as part of a firm's overall integrated marketing communications activities
•Manage people effectively through a strong applied knowledge of HR and general business skills and competencies
•Conduct environmental comparative analyses of domestic & foreign markets