Business Systems Analysis & Design
Is this course for me?
Our Higher Diploma in Science in Computing Business Systems Analysis and Design will augment your existing skills and knowledge to prepare you for a career in Business Analysis and Design. It is a one year, full-time and two year, part-time course.
The course has been designed to ensure you have the base both for continued self-development as well as a set of skills that are transferable to the broader computing industry. Modules include UX & Web Based Applications, Business Systems Analysis and Design, as well as Software Engineering.
• The course has been designed to produce students who are skilled in Business Systems Analysis and Design and it is closely tied to industry.
Minimum Entry Requirements
• Level 8 Honours Degree in Computing or equivalent with a minimum of second class honours (2.2) or a Degree with a Computing specialism.
• If you don't have an honours degree but have relevant experience you may also be eligible to apply via Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
What will I study?
• UX & Web Based Applications (M)
• Business Systems Analysis and Design (M)
• Business Analysis (M)
• Software Engineering (M)
• Project (M)
• Placement (M)
(M) = Mandatory
1 year, full-time
2 years, part-time
EU Fees: €3,000.00
Non-EU Fees: €10,000.00
Post Course Info
Follow up programmes elsewhere include:
• Masters degree at LYIT and in Institutes and Universities at home and abroad
• Masters degree (by research)
The main employers are:
• Insurance Companies
• All types of Companies using IT Systems
Graduate careers typically include:
• IT Systems Analysis
• IT Systems Design
• Computer Interface Design
Successful graduates go on to enjoy rewarding careers in sectors including insurance, banking and other industries using significant IT systems, in roles as diverse as IT Systems Analyst to Computer Interface Designers.