Cinematography - Erasmus Mundus Joint MA
MA Erasmus Mundus Joint MA Cinematography.
VIEWFINDER is an Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree in Cinematography presented by a consortium of partners made up of the National Film School at the Institute of Art, Design and Technology, Dún Laoghaire, Dublin, Ireland (IADT), The University of Theatre and Film Arts, Budapest, Hungary (SZFE), and the Baltic Film, Media, Arts and Communication School of Tallinn University, Estonia, (BFM).
Viewfinder has successfully completed its first three editions and is currently on a hiatus whilst we plan for the future.
Keep an eye here for future information about applications. For now, please check-out IADT's post-graduate programme options and our joint and partner schools' MA programmes FilmEU, KinoEyes, RE:ANIMA and DocNomads.
What modules will I study?
• The Art of Cinematography 1-3 (interior, exterior, character)
• The Art of Cinematography 4 – Master Degree project
• Technical Foundation in Camera & Lighting
• Advanced Camera Operation
• Interpreting the Screenplay
• Digital workflow
• Creative Postproduction
• Style Studies in Colour Grading
• Screenwriting & Directing
• History and Theory of Cinematography
• Cognitive Film theory
• Mood and Drama in European Painting
• Aesthetics of the picture
• Documentary Directing course (with DocNomads EMJMD)
Min Entry Requirements
Application deadline for self-funded places: 21/January/2020 (23:59 CET)
Skype interviews: 18-19-20/February/2020
Applicants will be notified in writing about the selection result no later than 30/April/2020.
2 years full-time.
Post Course Info
What will I be able to do when I graduate?
The course prepares the students to work as Directors of Photography and Camera Operators. Graduates can expect to find work in all branches of filmmaking such as TV Drama, Feature Film, Documentary, Music Video, Commercials etc.