Computing - Artificial Intelligence Research
Is this course for me?
In recent years there have been three key developments that have helped Artificial Intelligence to become a real-world technology with practical applications. These are cheap and faster storage and processing power, better big data analytics tools and better machine learning algorithms. These developments mean we can now teach the machines instead of programming them.
This is an important paradigm shift because, until recently when we wanted to automate a task by using artificial intelligence, we had to understand it completely so that we could code it in a suite of computer programs. The more complicated the task, the harder it was to automate it. Now we can feed that data into a machine-learning algorithm which then learns how to reproduce the behaviour. Collecting the data is far faster than trying to understand and provide for every single eventuality. Which means that we're now speeding up progress on the AI front. Just look at the progress being made by companies such as Google, Facebook and Amazon in their adoption of AI solutions.
This course is designed to prepare you for an exciting and challenging career in AI development and research.
• Data Analytics are used across all parts of the economy.
• Demand for Data Analysts is growing dramatically
• Flexible part-time and full-time options
• Industry input into course design
Minimum Entry Requirements
The Masters Programmes will be available to applicants who meet one of the following criteria:
- An Honours Degree in Computing with first or second-class honours or an equivalent qualification.
- Candidates who do not have an Honours degree but have significant relevant experience may also be eligible for consideration via Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
What will I study?
Machine Learning Mandatory 10
Artificial Intelligence 1 Mandatory 10
Mathematics for Big Data Analytics Elective 10
Artificial Intelligence 2 Mandatory 10
Dissertation Mandatory 60
1 year, full-time
2 years, part-time
EU Fees: €5,000.00
Non-EU Fees: €10,000.00
Post Course Info
Follow up programmes elsewhere include:
• Level 10 studies (Doctoral) at other institutions and universities at home and abroad.
The main employers are:
Banking and Finance
All types of Management
Hospitals, Health and Life Sciences
Manufacturing and Energy
Communications and Transport
Graduate careers typically include: