Computing - DevOps
Is this course for me?
Our Master of Science in Computing in DevOps is a one year, full-time or two year, part-time programme. DevOps is the practice of operations and development engineers participating together in the entire service lifestyle, from design through the development process to production support.
DevOps is characterised by operations staff harnessing the same techniques as developers for their systems work. Topics the course covers include: DevOps Software Engineering, Project Management and Deployment Pipelines.
• Flexible part-time and full-time options
• Industry input into course design
• A rapidly growing sector with a shortage of DevOps graduates
• In 2019, 50% of enterprise businesses actively use internal or external DevOps Services. DevOps is an in demand skill among Irish employers.
Minimum Entry Requirements
• Level 8 Honours Degree in Computing, or equivalent, second class honours (2.2), or Higher Diploma in Computing (Conversion Course into Computing).
• If you do not have an honours degree but have relevant experience you may also be eligible to apply via Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
What will I study?
DevOps Software Engineering Mandatory 10
OO Programming for Server Administration Mandatory 10 4
Semester 2 - Placement
Scripting the Deployment Pipeline Mandatory 15
DevOps Project Management Mandatory 15
Semester 4 - Dissertation Mandatory 30
(M) = Mandatory
1 year, full-time
2 years, part-time
EU Fees: €5,000.00
Non-EU Fees: €10,000.00
Post Course Info
Follow up programmes elsewhere include:
• Level 10 studies (Doctoral) at other institutions and universities at home and abroad.
The main employers are:
• Software Companies
• Multinational Companies
Graduate careers typically include:
• DevOps Engineer
• Cloud DevOps Engineer
• Systems Software Engineer
Following the successful completion of the course you can expect to find attractive employment opportunities both at home and abroad with all the major IT multinationals including Amazon, Hewlett Packard and Datahug.
Roles include becoming a DevOps Support Engineer, Senior Software Engineer in DevOps or DevOps Project Managers.