Computing - Enterprise Software Systems - Waterford
The course aims to produce graduates who can:
• Reason and problem-solve to a high level in the context of enterprise software and its role in business, industry and research;
• Participate constructively in the strategic deployment of enterprise software;
• Manage the development of high-quality enterprise software products and services;
• Undertake research-based projects for industry, providing effective advice and leadership where required;
• Manage technology-based projects that require the handling of innovation and change in dynamic environments.
Whereas this course is targeted at IT professionals who would participate in the programme on a part-time basis and complete the programme over two years, the modular design also allows for completion in one year full-time. The structure of this programme is the same as the other taught MSc in Computing courses within the Department of Computing Maths & Physics (CMP) in SETU Waterford.
It is a 90 credit programme consisting of 6 taught modules plus a dissertation and was developed through consultation with IT and software development companies in the South East region, see module groupings below.
• Research Methods & Dissertation Proposal (10 credits)
• Dissertation (20 credits)
• Agile Software Development
• Business Intelligence
• Business Process Analysis & Design
• Cloud Application Services
• Information Security
• Data Mining
• Design Patterns
• Enterprise Web Development
• Graph Theory and Optimisation
• Human Centred Systems
• Cloud Architecture
• Information Systems Project Management
• Mobile App Development
• Mobile Web Development
• Organisational Renewal & Performance
• User Experience and Design
• Applicants will normally require an Honours Degree in Computing or equivalent.
• The course is targeted at IT professionals who would participate in the programme on a part-time basis and complete the programme over two years
• Applicants whose first language is not English must submit evidence of competency in English, please see SETU Waterford's English Language Requirements for details.
APPLICATIONS CLOSING 25th August 2023
1-2 years full-time or flexible online.
Some modules take place in a classroom format and others are offered online. With classroom-based modules, lectures are typically directly followed by practical laboratory sessions on the same day to allow those working in industry to take specific modules on a day-release basis. A balanced subset of elective modules is run each semester subject to demand and capacity.
Post Course Info
There are many job opportunities for graduates in a thriving technology sector in the region. Crystal Valley Tech was formed by a group of people from the Technology Industry in Waterford and Waterford Institute of Technology. Crystal Valley Tech's mission is to Promote and Support Technology in Waterford and the South East.
You can see further information here: