Construction Project Management
What is this course about?
The aim of this course is to provide learners with specialised knowledge and skills in construction project management. It is particularly insightful to those in a project management role who wish to enhance their existing skills and new tools and knowledge applicable to their current role. The course is also of great value to those who wish to move into the area of construction projects.
• Fill the role of the project manager with the skills required to define, plan, implement and complete projects.
• Critically analyse and evaluate scenarios in project risk management, stakeholder management and performance and be able to recommend strategies for improvement.
• Model Project Management scenarios using software to develop critically informed decisions (MERIT or similar).
• Apply management skills to both the overall process of project management and to specific stages within that process.
• Critically evaluate the financial aspects of construction firms.
What subjects will I study?
Role of Projects and Project Management
Risk & Supply Chain Management
Project Planning, Programming & Control
Management of Projects
International Project Management
All applicants will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Lifelong Learning reserves the right to require applicants to attend for an interview to determine their suitability for the course.
Apply Online: www.itcarlow.ie/LLL
12 weeks part-time. 1 evening per week 7.00 - 10.00pm (Indicative).