Is this course for me?
Cyberpsychology is the study of how human beings interact with computer technology. It focuses on Human Computer Interaction (HCI) particularly in areas such as gaming, virtual reality, artificial intelligence, cybersecurity and a range of physical interaction tools such as mobile devices.
This MSc programme will be of particular interest to students who wish to develop psychological insights into human interactions with digital technologies, and to learn to apply this knowledge in a wide variety of sectors that deal with the human computer interface point. They will become part of increasingly multi skilled teams that design deliver and regulate all manner of software and hardware solutions for humans. We will equip our graduates to be able to work effectively in contemporary workflow settings.
• A rapidly growing area with a shortage of skilled graduates.
• Industry input into course design
What will I study?
Master of Science in Cyberpsychology
Cyber Ethics (M) 10
Human Computer Interaction (M) 10
Artificial Intelligence and Ethical Responsibility (M) 10
UX Design (M) 10
Social Cyberpsychology (M) 10
Behaviour Across the Cyber Lifespan (M) 10
Dissertation (M) 30
Minimum Entry Requirements
The course will be available to applicants who meet one of the following criteria:
- IELTS 6.0 or equivalent for non-EU students.
- An Honours Degree with first or second-class honours or an equivalent qualification. Applicants should have exposure to computing, design, social sciences or psychology.
- Candidates who do not have an Honours degree but have significant relevant experience may also be eligible for consideration via Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
1 year, full-time
2 years, part-time
Post Course Info
The main employers are:
Graduate careers typically include:
Mobile apps development
Design of AI Systems
Education - online learning
Game Interaction Design
Online Identity Management
Follow up programmes elsewhere include:
Level 10 studies (Doctoral) at Letterkenny Institute of Technology or other institutions and universities at home and abroad.