Is this course for me?
Our Master of Science in Computing in Cybersecurity Security Research has 30 taught credits and a 60 credit dissertation. Developed in collaboration with the IT industry, following graduation you'll be perfectly positioned to make the most of your future career opportunities in cybersecurity.
At the heart of the course is a focus on a range of topics applicable to Cybersecurity, Software Compliance, Threat Management and Information Security Management. This is followed by a research dissertation where you can apply your learning to demonstrate an extended knowledge and ability in that area. The dissertation will normally be completed over one to three semesters.
• Flexible part-time and full-time options
• Industry input into course design
• Excellent career opportunities for graduates
• An opportunity to develop in-depth skills through a major piece of research.
Minimum Entry Requirements
Level 8 Honours Degree in Computing, or equivalent, second class honours (2.2), or Higher Diploma in Computing (Conversion Course into Computing). If you do not have an honours degree but have relevant experience you may also be eligible to apply via Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
What will I study
• Secure Infrastructure (M)
• Cryptography and Forensic Analysis (M)
• Threat Management 1 (E)
• Information Security Management 1 (E)
• Software Compliance (E)
• Research Dissertation (M)
(M) = Mandatory, (E) = Elective
Pick one elective and do a Dissertation that is relevant to the overall learning outcomes of the course.
Elective modules will be offered subject to demand.
1 year, full time
2 years, part time
EU Fees: €5,000.00
Non-EU Fees: €10,000.00
Post Course Info
Follow up programmes elsewhere include:
• Level 10 studies (Doctoral) at other institutions and universities at home and abroad.
Successful graduates find opportunities in companies with any large IT infrastructure, as well as the Payment Card industry and in Financial Services. Roles include becoming a Security Incident Analyst, a Secure Systems Manager or IT Security Threat Analyst.
The main employers are:
• Companies with Large Computer Networks
• Payment Card Industry
• Financial Services Companies
Graduate careers typically include:
• Cloud Architect/Engineer
• Cloud Systems Administrator
• Cloud Services Developer