Digital transformation has become a key strategic issue for companies as it disrupts competitive environments, value chains, business models and professions. The impact of Big Data on decision-making processes means that managers must rapidly acquire new skills and expertise.
Upon successful completion of this programme, graduates will be able to:
• Understand how major frontier technologies work, as well as their business, economic and social impacts;
• Use critical thinking skills to effectively and efficiently address substantive business problems through the deployment of ICT solutions;
• Analyse business needs, organisational processes and user requirements;
• Develop innovative strategic responses to exploit new digital possibilities;
• Produce ICT project implementation plans;
• Manage people-related issues within ICT projects;
• Align organisational strategic plans and IT strategic plans;
• Make insightful, data-driven business decisions and assess performance.
3 GOOD REASONS TO STUDY THIS COURSE
1. Demand for graduates with technological proficiency and business know-how is at an all-time high. The skills students gain from this course provide a pathway to working in all industry sectors.
2. Students will be exposed to the latest research from the Business Information Systems discipline, and will learn how to leverage these insights to transform organisations to meet the needs of the rapidly evolving digital world.
3. Students who complete this course will be on a pathway to gaining a master's qualification. Specifically, graduates of this course will be eligible for exemptions on two of NUI Galway's master's programmes: MSc Business Analytics, and MSc Information Systems Management.
Minimum Entry Requirements
The programme is open to degree holders from a university or other recognised degree-awarding body. Applicants should hold an QQI Level 8 qualification or equivalent; IELTS score of 6.5 or equivalent, if applicable.
WHEN TO APPLY: Check Springboard for details: www.springboardcourses.ie
1 year, full-time.
Post Course Info
The Postgraduate Diploma in Digital Transformation is designed for students who wish to pursue careers as business analysts, consultants, IT project managers, or business analytics/data scientists using the concepts, tools and methodologies of digital transformation to tackle complex business challenges and create value for organisations.