This programme is designed to reflect the key changes taking place in education practice and policy both nationally and internationally.
Aim of Programme
The MAME is a practical programme for education professionals to develop their knowledge, skills and competencies in educational leadership and management. The MAME has been designed by educational leaders in Waterford Institute of Technology to reflect the key changes taking place in education practice and policy both nationally and internationally in order to meet the continuing professional development needs of educational professionals across the spectrum of education. By connecting theory to practice, participants are encouraged to actively engage and work with like-minded professionals to enhance their learning experience. It is a part-time, flexible programme, delivered in blended mode, and designed to meet the needs of busy professionals.
The programme comprises mandatory and elective modules:
• Academic Enquiry
• Leadership and Management in Education
• Educational Leadership and Personal Development
• Education Research Methods
• Action Research in Education
• Education Research Project
Elective Modules (choose three)
• Education Law
• Educational Innovation & Entrepreneurship
• Financial Management
• Human Resource Management
• Independent Learning Project
• Information Technology
• Public Relations in Education
• Strategic Planning and Development for Educators
• Sustainability in Education
Minimum Entry Requirements
• An Honours Degree (Level 8) or equivalent
• Three years' postgraduate experience in an educational organisation environment.
• Access to an educational organisation, where research may be carried out.
How to Apply
Applications for this programme are made online by going to www.pac.ie Code WD548
€700 per 10 credit module and
€1,400 per 20 credit module
Contact Athlone IT for next course start date.