Engineering - Mechanical Engineering
IT Tallaght prepares you for leadership positions in the profession of Mechanical Engineering and gives you the multidisciplinary tools to progress in this dynamic area.
A unique aspect of this programme is Global Business which builds on our links with China, Malaysia, and Vietnam to offer you an insight into the practicalities for engineers doing business in Asia.
• Customise your studies by selecting 3 elective modules.
• Develop the core technical, research and analytical skills required to work as a professional mechanical engineer.
• Become a critically aware, informed, innovative, self-reflective, and flexible leader with societal awareness and a strong ethical approach.
• Complete an individual project and apply research, analysis and communication tools in developing an innovative solution to a problem posed by industry.
• An M.Eng is a requirement for Chartered Membership of Engineers Ireland.
• Each module has 3 contact hours per week including labs and tutorials
B.Eng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering (Minimum Grade 2.2 at NFQ Level 8) OR equivalent qualification
Lean Six Sigma & Project Management
Design with FEA
Control & Simulation
Research Methods & Innovation.
Electives - Choose 3
Pharmaceutical Operations Management
Systems Modelling (Elective)
Comp. Fluid Dynamics
Robotics and Vision
Advanced Engineering Materials
Sustainable Energy (Elective)
BioDevice Design (Elective)
Research Project (Write Up)
1 year September-September (Full-time), or 2 years (part-time)
Contact the College for the next start date.