Engineering - Operations Excellence
Operations Excellence (OpEx) is the application of continuous improvement principles and tools that lead to long-term sustainable growth and create a culture of excellence in organisations. This programme is designed for professional learners who are based in industry and have at least three years of industry experience and a background in engineering, technology, science or mathematics. The outcomes of this Professional Diploma will enable graduates to implement and lead improvement in their manufacturing organisations using principles of Lean, Six Sigma, Data Driven Decision Making and Business Process Re-engineering.
The learning environment is highly collaborative and experiential. The part-time nature of the programme, in conjunction with the blended delivery format, allows participants to continue in employment and to quickly apply their newly acquired skills in an experiential manner. Through the discussion based learning environment, there is a high degree of learning from peers across different industry sectors and organisation types.
The learning outcomes are as follows:
(1) familiarity with and knowledge of operations excellence, encompassing decision analysis, quality management (lean and six sigma), engineering operations management and process design, across a wide range of industrial sectors;
(2) ability to synthesise technical and management knowledge in the design, implementation and improvement of complex engineering systems;
(3) ability to apply decision analysis, scientific problem solving, inductive and deductive reasoning skills in both quantitative and qualitative contexts;
(4) ability to communicate effectively to enable effective decision making in engineering operations and
(5) ability to learn independently by assessing academic and practitioner research related to operations excellence.
The Professional Diploma in Operations Excellence comprises 20 credits (four modules). These modules are offered across the Autumn and Spring Trimesters. The four modules in this Professional Diploma will be delivered in a blended format. This comprises of on-campus classroom based seminars and workshops, in addition to online classes.
For those who wish to take individual modules, but not the diploma, please contact the ADVANCE Centre - email@example.com
Stage 1 Core
Eng. Operations Management MEEN40260
Quality Management MEEN40270
Business System Design MEEN40300
Decision Analysis MEEN40360
This programme is designed for professional learners who are based in industry and have at least three years of industry experience and a background in engineering, technology, science or mathematics.
The following entry routes are available:
Professional Diploma Operations Excellence (Sept) PT (T365)
Duration 1 Years
Attend Part Time
* Courses will remain open until such time as all places have been filled, therefore early application is advised
1 year part-time
Post Course Info
Careers & Employability
Operations Excellence (OE) provides individuals with the skills and competencies to undertake a broad range of improvement initiatives in their organisations, which creates competitive advantage by focusing on the operational activities where it can outperform its competitors. Students will develop their knowledge and skills in the area of operations excellence with application in engineering and technology firms, from small medium enterprises to global multinational organisations.