Health Sciences - International Healthcare Management - International Stream - Sligo St. Angela's
This exciting full-time Masters programme has been developed as a response to an identified need in international healthcare for a postgraduate programme which focuses on health care management. The purpose of the Master of Health Science in International Healthcare Management is to prepare healthcare professionals to assume the role of managers/leaders in various health care settings globally.
The MHSc comprises of 7 modules. The modular programme will be delivered full-time over one calendar year and is worth 90 ECTS.
Why Choose the MHSc in International Healthcare Management at St. Angela's College?
- Learn to engage in strategic management/leadership planning
- Engage with global management frameworks, theories and tools
- Plan meaningful change in an organisational context
- Engage in proactive healthcare management in differing contexts and cultures
- St Angela's College, Sligo has a vibrant nursing and healthcare education community and Sligo is a cost-effective place to live while completing your studies.
- Small groups with one on one academic support
- Variety of teaching and learning strategies to facilitate student education and learning including excellent, learning, library and research facilities
- Develop your career opportunities for senior healthcare leadership and management roles
- Managing Finance in Healthcare Organisations (10 ECTS)
- Principles of Healthcare Leadership (10 ECTS)
- Healthcare Ethics (10 ECTS)
- Healthcare Project Management (10 ECTS)
- Quality and Healthcare Management (10 ECTS)
- Strategic Management and Leadership (10 ECTS)
- Enhancing Evidence Based Practice (30 ECTS)
- A primary degree (min 2:2) in Nursing or any Healthcare related field
- Minimum of three years post registration Nursing / Healthcare related experience
- Evidence of registration in country of residence (if applicable)
- Completed application form which includes a personal statement
- Original academic documentation & experiential records to support application
- IELTS Academic Score: 6.0 (a minimum of 5.5 in all bands) See IELTS Academic Test
- DuoLingo English Test - A minimum score of 105-115
Completed application form; review of academic transcripts; and document detailing rationale for undertaking programme and how it will contribute to your practice.
• Completed application form
• Meets minimum requirements
• Recognised Degree in Nursing or Health Sciences/Studies related
• Original academic documentation & experiential records to support application
1 year full-time.
Course runs annually in September
Post Course Info
Following successful completion of the programme students can engage in continuing their lifelong learning. Students may opt to progress further on to the PhD level education.
Details of Progression options are available from the following Interim List of Eligible Programmes for Students studying fulltime in Ireland and who hold a Stamp 2 visa.
The MHSc prepares healthcare professionals to assume the role of manager/leaders in various health care settings globally. As there is a continued emphasis on corporate governance, fiscal sustainability and leadership accountability, employment opportunities and board positions within this sector will be in demand. Graduates with this knowledge base and skill set will be set to take up these responsibilities and apply this knowledge for the public good.