Language Skills - Advanced - French - German - Italian - Spanish
This Master's programme provides advanced linguistic and technical training to prepare you for language work as a linguist. There is a growing demand for such specialised services. You will develop your language skills to a high level and gain experience in the area of translation technology. You will acquire a high level of communication skills in your chosen language speciality of French, German, Italian or Spanish.
3 Good Reasons To Study This Course
1. The programme offers intensive training in the use of Trados Translation software.
2. Optional modules provide the opportunity to concentrate on areas of particular interest.
3. You can specialise in either French, German, Italian or Spanish.
Minimum entry requirements
Second Class Honours QQI Level 8 degree or equivalent, with Second Class Honours Grade 2 or equivalent in the language to be studied.
Course content includes:
• Translation Methodology and Text
• Audiovisual Translation
• Language and Intercultural Communication
• Translation Studies
1 year full-time.
Post Course Info
Our students have found employment in a variety of contexts, both in Ireland and abroad. In particular, graduates have been employed by national and international translation companies, EU offices, and international customer care and marketing centres. Many have taken up second and third-level teaching positions. A number of graduates have progressed to doctoral studies and have obtained prestigious scholarships.