Leadership & Innovation in the Public Service
Is this course for me?
This course aims to deliver a range of learning experiences that empower participants to develop their knowledge, understanding and applied skills in the field of innovation and transformational change within the delivery of public services.
It aims to challenge participants to move beyond the passive absorption of information through critical analysis and reflection and towards innovative, strategic and transformational management initiatives within their sponsoring organization.
This course has been developed by Letterkenny Institute of Technology and Ulster University, in collaboration with the Office of An Taoiseach and the Office of the First Minister and Deputy First Minister, and begins in January each year.
Key Features Include:
• Focused on developing responses to key public reform agenda issues
• Leading national and international best practice speakers
• Programme developed by LYIT and Ulster University in collaboration with the Office of An Taoiseach and the Office of the First Minister and Deputy First Minister who were integral to deciding on the content, structure and philosophy of the programme
• Discussion-based mode of delivery
• 6 x 2 day block delivery plus online over 2 years
• Action learning communities of practice – reflective learning approach (6 half days)
• Assessment is assignment based and centred on work issues
• Dissertation based on major in-house and organisational project
• Residential modules based in the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland
• Context of Leadership, Innovation & Transformation (M)
• Transformational Leadership & Strategic Management (M)
• Citizen Centric Policy Design (M)
• Change & Cultural Management (M)
• Digital Transformation & Shared Services (M)
• Performance Management (M)
• Research Project (M)
(M) = Mandatory
Minimum Entry Requirements
The entry requirement is a second-class honours degree or better from a university of the United Kingdom or the Republic of Ireland, from the Council for National Academic Awards, the Higher Education and Training Awards Council, or from an institution of another country which has been recognised as being of an equivalent standard; and be in relevant employment within the Public Services. Participants are identified as those charged with delivering strategic, transformational change through clear mission and innovative leadership. The course is directed at managers at Grade 7 / Assistant Principal Officer grade or equivalent.
Application Deadline - 03 January 2020
2 years part-time
The programme runs over 2 years and is designed to facilitate executives in the workplace. It comprises 6 taught modules (each module is block delivered over 2 days with additional delivery online) and a Research Project.
EU Fees: €9,960.00
Non-EU Fees: €9,960.00
Post Course Info
Follow up programmes elsewhere include:
• Level 10 studies (Doctoral) at other institutions and universities at home and abroad.