Leadership Strategy & Governance
What is this programme about?
This module will allow the learner build a comprehensive understanding of the methods of strategic planning and analysis and to produce suitable strategic options for their organisations. The module will develop a learner's understanding of leading and implementing strategic plans and undergoing appropriate change in an organisation whether in the private, public or not for profit sectors. The module will also introduce the learner into the key principles of effective governance.
On completion of this programme, students should be able to:
• Understand key challenges for leaders in organisations and comprehend the interrelationships between policy, culture and society, both nationally and internationally;
• Assess differing approaches to managing change in an organisation and select the method most suited to a particular scenario;
• Analyse, plan and formulate a strategic plan for a child/youth/family organisation and establish goals to implement the strategic objectives;
• Interpret and evaluate the child/youth/ family sector, organisational resources, competencies and stakeholders;
• Explore the principles and theories of corporate governance and how they apply to child/youth and family organisations, both for and not-for profit.
All applicants will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Lifelong Learning reserves the right to require applicants to attend for an interview to determine their suitability for the programme.
Apply Online: www.itcarlow.ie/LLL
13 weeks - Part-time. 1 evening per week 7.00 - 10.00pm (Indicative).