The Professional Diploma in Lean programme forms part of the MSc. in Lean Sigma Systems. Those who have completed this programme may continue on with a second diploma and enterprise improvement project to qualify with an MSc Master Black Belt in Lean Sigma Systems.
Lean originated in Toyota in car manufacturing but is now being used across many sectors, manufacturing, construction, healthcare, finance, retail and voluntary organisations.
• Lean Thinking / Lean Tools 1
• Leadership & Change Management
• Lean Thinking / Lean Tools 2
• Lean Project / Lean Healthcare Project
Relevant primary degree (Level 8) or recognised professional qualification and 1-3 years relevant industrial experience.
In the situation where an applicant does not meet the minimum entry requirements above, an offer of a place on the course may be made in exceptional circumstances. The candidate will be required to provide a portfolio of evidence of prior qualifications in quality management together with the application of learning or competence (e.g green/black belt project reports, reflective papers or journals). Two references from appropriate signatories in the candidate's organisation will be accepted as evidence. Candidates may be required to attend an interview prior to enrolling on the programme.
How To Apply
1. Choose your programme.
2. Check closing date for the programme.
3. Apply online at www.ul.ie
4. Have your supporting documentation ready to upload.
5. Pay the application fee (€35 online / €40 bank draft or cheque).
6. Submit your application.
What to Include with your Application:
Delays in receiving these documents will affect the progress of your application.
- Photo or Scanned original copy of your transcripts for all years of study. (Graduates of UL need only provide us with their Student ID number.)
- Photo or Scanned copy of passport to verify ID and full legal name.
- A copy of your most recent CV, (for Springboard applicants, please note that by providing this document you are agreeing that we may send it to members of industry if you require assistance when searching for an Industry Learning Placement (ILE) or project work). Applies to some courses only.
1 Year, Part Time, Blended.