Mainframe Business Information Systems & Infrastructure
Is this course for me?
Our Higher Diploma in Arts in Mainframe Business Information Systems & Infrastructure is a one-year course in mainframe development and systems programming. Designed in collaboration with industry experts, it identifies a key gap in mainframe programme provision and equips graduates with the knowledge to fill it.
This Higher Diploma is designed as a 'conversion' course from other disciplines into mainframe computing.
Key features include modules that are strongly aligned with current industry requirements now and into the future. With a personal and supportive approach to learning you will enjoy full access to IBM Mainframe services as part of the programme.
• Strongly aligned with industry job requirements regionally and nationally
• Blended / flexible mode of delivery
• Full access to IBM Mainframe services
• Personal and supportive approach to teaching and learning.
Minimum Entry Requirements
Level 8 Honours Degree in any discipline, second class honours (2.2). If you don't have an honours degree but have relevant experience you may also be eligible to apply via Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
What will I study?
• Mainframe Application Development 1 (Cobol) (M)
• Mainframe Application Development 2 (Cobol/DB2/CICS) (M)
• SYSPROG 1 (z/OS Infrastructure) (M)
• SYSPROG 2 (z/OS Systems Programming Fundamentals) (M)
• SYSPROG 3 (IBM MQ V8 System Administration for z/OS) (M)
• Mainframe Application Development 3 (PL/1) (M)
• The Mainframe IDE & Supporting Coding Languages (M)
• Work Based Learning (E1)
• Applied Project (E2)
(M) Mandatory, (E) = Elective
1 year part-time
EU Fees: €3,000.00
Post Course Info
Following graduation you can look forward to a career in a wide variety of sectors and in an equally diverse number of roles including Mainframe Tester, Programmer, Developer, Administrator and Cobol Developer.