Management for Healthcare Professionals
This programme is designed for managers and leaders in healthcare. It is delivered to all members of the Healthcare team using workshops. It helps to prepare and provide leaders and managers with skill set for the role.
• Working as a healthcare professional e.g. registered nurse
• Hold a minimum qualification of an NFQ Level 8 degree in Nursing.
• Applicants who do not hold the standard qualifying NFQ Level 8 qualification criteria, but have the relevant work experience may be considered for admission to the programme under the Institutes Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) process and subject to an interview.
• Applicants whose primary language is not English must submit evidence of competency in English.
Please see our website for more details www.wit.ie/englishrequirements
This programme is assessed through Assignment & Group Presentation.
The programme will be delivered using workshops spread over the semester with online work being completed by students in between the workshops.
• Delegation, negotiation and conflict
• Resource planning
• Performance monitoring (HIQA standards)
• Employment legislation
• Resilience and motivation
12 weeks. Requirement to attend three workshops.
Programme fee details are available on the Postgraduate Fee Schedule displayed on our website at www.wit.ie/pgfees
Post Course Info
Progression and Career Opportunities
Opportunities to advance a career in clinical, management or academic post. Opportunities for further studies at Masters/PHD level in nursing. Opportunities to develop professionally and personally.