Marketing - Digital Media Stream
Aims of the Programme
The MSc in Marketing (Digital Media) is a programme which has been purposely created to meet the needs of recentlyqualified business (with marketing) or marketing graduates. It seeks to further enhance students' existing knowledge of marketing theories and practice, and who aspire to pursue challenging senior career opportunities in the digital marketing profession. In today's competitive marketing landscape, this specialist MSc in Marketing (Digital Media) programme will equip students with the knowledge and skills necessary at senior level marketing positions in an ever changing digital environment.
The general philosophy of the programme is to provide a postgraduate taught educational programme, at an appropriate academic level. This will provide graduates with a blend of knowledge and skills to equip them for employment in positions in any business which requires an applied knowledge of digital marketing principles, strategic digital planning and management, web marketing, emerging digital media. They will also have the ability to create applicable solutions to every day marketing challenges.
The programme is academically challenging and strategically relevant in advanced marketing and will equip students with current and emerging theories that inform and comment upon the new practices of marketing within the digital media arena.
Key Features of the Programme
The MSc in Marketing (Digital Media) is designed to produce graduates capable of making a difference in the marketing and digital media world. It incorporates the latest academic and industry thinking to ensure that it is leading edge in all respects. The course is taught by a combination of experienced academic staff and senior industry practitioners, giving students a unique insight into the realities of this competitive area. Students are encouraged to combine theoretical knowledge with real commercial experience in a variety of marketing situations.
Key features include:
- Designed to appeal to students who wish to enhance their skills in their understanding of digital media issues within the marketing context
- Digital media incorporated into the programme will allow students the opportunity to experience digital technologies in today's marketing environment
- The programme will fast-track students' understanding of this industry and gaining the skills needed to secure exciting marketing roles with leading brands and agencies around the world
- The programme will encourage students to apply a comprehensive range of analytical skills and critical thinking through the analysis of industry best practices
- The programme format will allow for a stimulating learning environment, bringing together a faculty of experts and leaders from the digital marketing environment
- Development of research skills necessary for students to successfully undertake dissertation project.
The minimum entry requirements for the MSc in Marketing and associated stream are:
- A minimum second-class honours in a Level 8 business degree from a recognised third-level institution or
- An equivalent professional qualification such as ACCA or CIMA
- If an individual holds a non-business Level 8 degree but has at least three years' marketing experience, they may also be considered
- For applicants whose first language is not English, the minimum English language requirement for entry to the programme is IELTS score 6.5 (or equivalent)
Subjects will be assessed through a combination of end of semester examination and continuous assessment. Students are involved in group projects, oral presentations, poster presentations and real life company case analysis. Students will also be exposed to guest lecturers from leading Irish and multinational companies and will participate in practical workshops with academics and practitioners.
Strategic Marketing Management
The Changing Consumer
Personal and Professional Development
Research Methods 1
Research Methods 2
Integrated Marketing Communications in a Digital Age
Web Marketing Practice
Developing Digital Media
Full-time: 1 year
Part-time: 2 years
For full-time students of the MSc in Marketing (Digital Media), the taught component consists of eight modules. Successful completion of the taught component stage allows you to move to the dissertation stage.
For part-time students, delivery of the programme is structured over four taught semesters. During each semester, students are typically required to attend lectures on two evenings per week and occasional weekend workshops.
Suited to: Marketing and Business Graduates.
Post Course Info
Graduates of the MSc in Marketing (Digital Media) will acquire specialised skills and competencies that will enable them to pursue positions in challenging senior career opportunities in the marketing and digital media professions including marketing management, market research, brand management, advertising and public relations, and marketing consultancy. Graduates of this programme will be one of the first groups of people to obtain a postgraduate qualification in this area and will be equipped to fill the skills gaps identified by the government and industry.