The aim of this course is to strengthen and develop the knowledge and skills of participants. The course covers the theory of practice, education, administration and research, and commences with one full study week followed by one study day per week or the equivalent throughout the academic year. There is a written assessment associated with each module of the course. In addition, successful completion of a research dissertation is a requirement in order to achieve the award of M.Sc. Midwifery Practice and Leadership.
Registration as a midwife with An Bord Altranais agus Cnáimhseachais na hEireann (the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland (NMBI).
• A minimum of one year full-time recent clinical midwifery practice or equivalent since registration as a midwife and
• An honours degree in midwifery or a related discipline or equivalent professional and academic qualification
• Otherwise satisfy the course committee that they have the ability to complete and benefit from the course.
All applicants to the School of Nursing and Midwifery whose first language is not English or who have not been educated through the medium of English must present one of the following qualifications in the English language:
• IELTS: Grade 6.5 overall with a minimum of grade of 6.5 in each category
• TOEFL: 88 internet-based, 570 paper-based, 230 computer-based. The test taken here should be TOEFL IBT
• University of Cambridge:
Proficiency Certificate, Grade C or better (CEFR Level C1 or C2)
Advanced Certificate, Grade C or better (CEFR Level C1 or C2)
• Pearson Test of English (Academic) - PTE Academic: a minimum score of 63 to be eligible (with no section score below 59)
• An award certificate with a minimum II.1 overall score from Trinity's Centre for English Language Learning and Teaching's Pre-sessional Pathway Programme
Please note that test scores are only valid for two years
1 year full-time, 2 years part-time.
Next Intake: September 2020