Multilingual Software Development and Translation Technology
The course will provide participants with fundamental theoretical and practical skills, abilities and knowledge to gain a comprehensive intermediate understanding of software development, language technology and designing software for international markets.
The Programme offers a hands-on approach with practical classes in some modules and is contextualized in an international and multidisciplinary field. Professionals aiming to work in pharmaceutical and food companies are the core of the Programme.
• Introduction to Programming
• Database Systems
• Software Testing and Inspection
• Best Practice Software Internationalisation
• Language Engineering and Translation Technology
• Mobile Application Design
• Project Management and Practice
• Intermediate Programming
• Translation Technology Systems
• Introduction to Web Development
A level 8 qualification in a non-computing discipline is the key requirement. Preference will be given to candidates with a second-class honours degree or higher. Applicants may be required to undertake an interview and satisfy the course admission team that they have the ability to complete and benefit from this course. Shortlisting of applicants may take place. The recognition of prior learning and prior experiential learning as per university policy will be applied to this course.
How to apply:
1. Choose your programme.
2. Check closing date for the programme.
3. Apply online at www.ul.ie
4. Have your supporting documentation ready to upload.
5. Pay the application fee (€35 online / €40 bank draft or cheque).
6. Submit your application.
Required Documents for UL application:
Delays in receiving these documents will affect the progress of your application.
- Photo or Scanned original copy of your transcripts for all years of study. (Graduates of UL need only provide us with their Student ID number.)
- Photo or Scanned copy of passport to verify ID and full legal name.
- A copy of your most recent CV, please note that by providing this document you are agreeing that we may send it to members of industry if you require assistance when searching for an Industry Learning Placement (ILE) or project work (applies to some courses only).
- Applicants who do not have English as their first language may satisfy English Language requirements:
If your qualifications have been obtained in a country where English is an official language this will suffice
If this is not available, the following additional documents must be provided:
• English translation of your qualification(s)/transcripts
• English language competency certificate
1 year full-time.