Nursing - Midwifery - Maternal Critical Care
The Professional Certificate Maternal Critical Care is offered on a part-time basis over one calender year. The programme will equip maternity care staff with the necessary knowledge and skills to provide critical maternity care.
The programme commences in the Autumn Trimester. Lectures are delivered on a monthly basis requiring 3 days attendance in combination with E-tivities. In the Spring Trimester, students will be offered a series of clinical skill acquisition workshops and simulations requiring one day's attendance on a monthly basis over four separate occasions.
Stage 1 - Core
Maternal Critical CareNMHS43790
The Professional Certificate Maternal Critical Care is open to nursing and midwifery practitioners who are registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland. Candidates should have at least three years' experience in a relevant clinical area. In addition, it is essential that they are involved in the direct care of childbearing women. Candidates should hold an appropriate level 8 qualification, or equivalent.
- Transcript(s) including date and grading of degree award (non UCD
- Graduates only) & notarised English translations where relevant
Nurse applicants: A current photocopy of NMBI registration
- Copy of Birth Certificate or Personal Page of Passport
- Signed Declaration Form from Employer (original form)
- Completed Professional Reference Form (original form)
- Evidence of proficiency in English language (applicants whose first language is not English)
How to apply?
The following entry routes are available:
Prof Cert Maternal Critical Care PT (X843)
* Courses will remain open until such time as all places have been filled, therefore early application is advised.
6 months part-time.
Post Course Info
The programme will afford students the opportunity to enhance their knowledge and skills when caring for critically ill women. Students will also enhance their knowledge and skills for meeting the ongoing care needs of women in contemporary maternity care.