Private Cloud Technologies
Is this course for me?
Our Master of Science in Computing in Private Cloud Technologies will augment your existing skills and knowledge to position you for a successful and rewarding career in Private Cloud Technologies.
If you already hold an honours degree in computing or an appropriate mix of academic qualifications and IT experience then this course will help maintain your self-development with a set of skills that are transferable to the broader computing industry.
These skill are reinforced with a strong emphasis on teamwork and the primary aim of the course is to empower you with the necessary theoretical and hands-on skills to allow you to work and make a a significant contribution in a Cloud Technologies environment.
Minimum Entry Requirements
Level 8 Honours Degree in Computing, or equivalent, second class honours (2.2), or Higher Diploma in Computing (Conversion Course into Computing). If you do not have an honours degree but have relevant experience you may also be eligible to apply via Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
Semester Proposed Modules Mandatory/elective Credits Hours Per Week
• Virtual Server Administration Elective 10 4
• Computer Systems Programming Elective 10 4
• Private Cloud Technologies Mandatory 10 4
• Enterprise & Data Centre Networking Mandatory 10 4
• Placement Mandatory 10 35
• Security & Legal Issues Elective 10 4
• Storage Technologies Elective 10 4
• Data Centre Industrial Automation Elective 10 4
• Advanced Database Development Elective 10 4
1 year full-time or 2 years part-time
Post Course Info
Follow up programmes elsewhere include:
• Level 10 studies (Doctoral) at other institutions and universities at home and abroad.
The main employers are:
• Multinational Companies
• Insurance Companies
• Data Centre Based IT Systems
Graduate careers typically include:
• Cloud Architect/Engineer
• Cloud Systems Administrator
• Cloud Services Developer
Successful graduates find opportunities in insurance companies, all major IT multinationals as well as any company using large Data Center based IT Systems. Roles include becoming a Cloud Architect or Engineer, a Cloud Systems Administrator or Cloud Services Developer.