Professional, Ethical, Legal and Communication Issues Informing Nurse / Midwife Prescribing and Clinical Practicum - Micro-Credential
Description This micro-credential will facilitate learners to explore their role as prescribers and the factors that influence this role in context of their role, function and responsibilities as a nurse or midwife.
We will cover content relating to professional accountability and responsibility in relation to nurse prescribing. Learners will explore legislation relevant to the practice of nurse prescribing and learn how to make decisions around prescribing, as a multi-professional team member.
Successful completion of this micro-credential addresses the mandatory regulatory requirements for registration as a Nurse/Midwife Prescriber with NMBI in relation to the Professional, Ethical, Legal and Communication Issues informing Nurse/ Midwife Prescribing and Clinical Practicum
What do I need to be accepted onto this Micro-credential?
– Entry requirements & Prerequisite documents
• Professional registration with Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland or equivalent in another jurisdiction.
• The applicant must be an accredited nurse/midwife prescriber in another jurisdiction and require only this one module from the Certificate in Nurse/Midwife Prescribing Programme in order to register with the NMBI. They do not require the other two modules on that programme.
• Honours degree in a relevant discipline (however, relevant experience will also be taken into account- Evidence of completion of non-medical prescribing programme and practice experience of prescribing medicinal products is essential).
• CV & Transcript & NMBI Registration (copy)
Closing Date: 31st March 2023