Software Engineering & Database Technologies
The programme is part-time and runs over two years. You will study one online module every eight weeks, and in addition, you will research and write a thesis during your second year. The programme content is extensive and varied, and includes both mandatory and optional modules. See http://itonline. universityofgalway.ie
3 GOOD REASONS TO STUDY THIS COURSE
1. The course is part-time, and is delivered and examined in a fully online environment.
2. It provides maximum flexibility for students in terms of their location and work schedules.
3. We apply a limit on class size so that students can get the best out their interactions in the virtual classroom.
- Computer Architecture and Operating Systems
- Fundamentals of Programming
- Software Engineering
- Object Oriented Programming
- Object Oriented Design
- Distributed Systems and the Cloud
- Artificial Intelligence
- Introduction to Relational Databases
- Fundamentals of Databases
- Introduction to Information Retrieval
- Data Mining
Students are supervised during thesis preparation and a Thesis Fundamentals module is part of a student credits. Modules may change to reflect industry requirements.
Minimum Entry Requirements
This degree is open to honours degree graduates (Level 8) or Level 7 graduates with three or more years of experience and to those otherwise satisfying the postgraduate entry standards. An IELTS score of 6.5 or equivalent international qualification will be required, if applicable. See itonline.universityofgalway.ie for details.
WHEN TO APPLY: See website. The MScSED starts in August.
2 years, part-time.
Post Course Info
Information technology (IT), in general, and software/database design and development, in particular, are success stories in the Irish economy. This course will equip you to participate in this vibrant, international industry. Since IT is crucial in every sector, many of our graduates also have used the course for career advancement and progression within their current employment field.