Taxation is technical and interdisciplinary, taking in elements of law, economics, computational techniques, social sciences and critical theory. The Master of Taxation creates a distinctive opportunity for students to take their knowledge of taxation beyond the practice of compliance and planning to a deeper understanding of the theoretical underpinnings of the discipline.
• Personal Taxes
• Indirect Taxes
• Revenue Law
• Seminar Series 1
• Online Research Methods Module
• Professional Development 1
• Financial Analysis & Governance
• Capital Taxes
• Business Taxes
• Principles of International Tax
• Seminar Series 2
• Research Methods in Finance 2
• Professional Development 2
Elective Module (choose 1):
• Corporate Social Responsibility
• International Monetary Economics
• Project Management in Practice
• Leadership, Influence & Change
• Wealth & Portfolio Management
• Risk Analytics and Big Data
The minimum entry requirement is a 2:2 honours primary degree (Level 8 - National Qualifications Authority of Ireland) in a relevant discipline (for example, business/commerce or law) or the overseas equivalent as determined by the Programme Team in consultation with University of Limerick Graduate School Admissions. Where English is not the first language of candidates, certified demonstrable achievement in TOEFL English Competency Test will be required. In exceptional circumstances an applicant who cannot satisfy the undergraduate requirement may be accepted on the basis of relevant professional experience. Candidates may be interviewed as part of the selection process to determine their suitability for the programme.
How to apply:
1. Choose your programme.
2. Check closing date for the programme.
3. Apply online at www.ul.ie
4. Have your supporting documentation ready to upload.
5. Pay the application fee (€35 online / €40 bank draft or cheque).
6. Submit your application.
WHAT TO INCLUDE WITH YOUR APPLICATION:
Qualification transcripts and certificates
A copy of your birth certificate (long document)
If your qualifications have been obtained in a country where English is an official language this will suffice
If this is not available, the following additional documents must be provided:
• English translation of your qualification(s)/transcripts
• English language competency certificate
1 year full time
Start Date: 09/Sep/2019
Post Course Info
This Masters programme will prepare graduates to pursue a variety of careers in the tax profession and progress to study for the professional qualification, AITI Tax Consultant, and/or to engage in further tax research.