TESOL - Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
- develops the professional competences essential to work in leadership positions within the field
- enables participants critically investigate aspects of own classroom practice in a supportive and developmental environment
- introduces participants to a wide range of academic and professional networks within the field of TESOL
- See our website for more information here: https://www.ucd.ie/alc/programmes/graduate/
- We are pleased to announce that the Applied Language Centre is now offering 4 competitive Scholarships this year: https://www.ucd.ie/alc/programmes/graduate/scholarship_tesol/
Grad Dip TESOL FT
Stage 1 - Core
TESOL - Minor thesis LANG40260
The English Language for TESOL LANG40590
The English Teaching Context LANG40600
TESOL: Principles and Practices LANG40610
The TESOL Research Process LANG40620
SLA + TESOL pedagogy
Stage 1 - Option
Teaching Practice, Observation & Feedback LANG40640
Global English LING40260
Applicants should hold an honours undergraduate degree (NFQ level 8) with a minimum second class honours or international equivalence.
Applicants should have a minimum of one years' relevant teaching experience in Ireland or overseas.
Applicants, whose first language is not English, should have an overall band of 7.0 in IELTS (with a 7.0 in listening and writing components).
How To Apply
The following entry routes are available:
MA TESOL FT (Z155)
Duration 1 Years
Attend Full Time
MA TESOL PT (Z259)
Duration 2 Years
Attend Part Time
* Courses will remain open until such time as all places have been filled, therefore early application is advised.
1 year full-time (Z155), 2 Years part-time (Z259).
MA Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (Z155) Full Time
EU fee per year - € 7770
nonEU fee per year - € 19900
MA Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) (Z259) Part Time
EU fee per year - € 4660
nonEU fee per year - € 9950
***Fees are subject to change
Tuition fee information is available on the UCD Fees website.
Next Intake: 2019/2020 September
Post Course Info
Careers & Employability
Graduates of the programme aim to apply for senior positions within TESOL – posts of responsibility such as Academic Directors, teacher trainers, materials designers, examiners, senior teachers, course designers and beyond. The international field of TESOL continues to expand and there are exciting opportunities for graduates with advanced qualifications.