Therapeutic Interventions for Alcohol & Other Drugs
LY_NTIAD_M (Masters): Master of Science in Therapeutic Interventions for Alcohol & Other Drugs
LY_NTIAD_G (Postgrad Dip): Postgraduate Diploma in Science in Therapeutic Interventions for Alcohol & Other Drugs
Is this course for me?
Our Master of Science in Therapeutic Interventions for Alcohol and Other Drugs aims to provide those working in the areas of Nursing, Health and Social Care to effectively deal with drugs and alcohol issues.
The programme will enhance your abilities in the field by extending theoretical knowledge and practical skills to alleviate these issues.
The course is mindful of the diverse professional backgrounds of participants and will provide you with the specialist skills and opportunity to enhance your knowledge base, employment and career prospects whatever your specialist field.
The programme plays a key role in empowering a workforce to respond to and provide systemic alcohol and other drug interventions within a four-tier model of treatment and care.
Topics include: Advanced Research Methods, Theoretical Foundations in Alcohol & Other Drugs, Alcohol, Drugs & Mental Health: Recovery Approaches and Children and Family: Hidden Harm.
• Aims to harness students' ability to effectively deal with alcohol and other drugs issues
• Recognise that learners will come from a variety of practice/professional backgrounds, (i.e. multidisciplinary learner cohort).
Minimum Entry Requirements
The minimum entry requirements are a Level 8 Honours Degree in a relevant discipline such as Health and Social Care, Nursing, Social Work, Youth Work, Psychology, medicine etc. Applicants may be required to undertake an interview. Applicants who do not hold the above entry requirements may be considered using the LYIT RPL process.
What will I study?
• Advanced Research Methods (M)
• Theoretical Foundations in Alcohol & Other Drugs (M)
• Alcohol and Other Drug Use: Interventions Practice & Skills 1 (M)
• Children and Families: Hidden Harm (M)
• Alcohol, Drugs & Mental Health: Recovery Approaches (M)
• Alcohol and Other Drugs Use: Interventions Practice & Skills 2 (M)
• Research Dissertation (M)
(M) = Mandatory
1 year, full-time
2 years, part-time
PGDip: 9 months
EU Fees: €5,000.00
Non-EU Fees: €10,000.00
Post Course Info
Typical careers include becoming a Senior Support Worker and Therapeutic Intervention Specialist.