Tourism Destination Marketing
Is this course for me?
The Higher Diploma in Arts in Tourism Destination Marketing is suited to professionals currently employed within the tourism industry and aims to promote and encourage the development of advanced knowledge and skills in the area of tourism destination marketing.
The programme is also suited to those from complementary backgrounds who wish to enter the tourism field. In this context, it may be of particular interest to people from an arts, heritage, languages, geography, marketing or business background.
The Higher Diploma in Arts in Tourism Destination Marketing can be utilised as a conversion programme for non-tourism graduates wishing to pursue a career in the tourism industry.
The programme will provide you with a broad set of transferable skills and knowledge. If you are passionate about travel and tourism and would like to turn this into a fulfilling career, this is the programme for you.
The aim of the programme is to equip participants with the necessary expertise to market, co-ordinate and develop tourism businesses and projects at tourist destinations in Ireland and abroad. This dynamic programme encourages interaction between academics and industry practitioners from national and international tourism sectors.
• Participants of this programme will acquire a developed knowledge of tourism destination marketing.
• The aim of the programme is to equip participants with the necessary expertise to market, co-ordinate and develop tourism businesses and projects at tourist destinations in Ireland and abroad.
• Lessons will be illustrated through a series of structured experiences with industry practitioners from national and international tourism sectors.
• Suitable programme for those working or those interested in working in the tourism sector.
• Programme 100% delivered online – flexible mode of delivery.
• Personal and supportive approach to teaching and learning.
Minimum Entry Requirements
This course will be available to applicants who meet the following criteria:
Applicants should hold a honours bachelor degree in a non-cognate discipline or a bachelor degree in a related discipline.
If you do not have an honours degree but have relevant experience you may also be eligible to apply via Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
What will I study?
• Tourism Management & Destination Development (M)
• Strategic Marketing Management (M)
• Consumer Behaviour In Tourism (M)
• Tourism E-Business (M)
• European & International Tourism Policy (M)
• Financial Management & Entrepreneurship In Tourism (M)
• Work Based Learning (M)
(M) = Mandatory
1 year full-time
EU Fees: €3,000.00
Non-EU Fees: €3,000.00
Post Course Info
The main employers are:
Support Agencies and Local Authorities
Tourism Information Offices
Graduate careers typically include:
Tourism Destination Marketing Manager
Local Authority Tourism Officer
Tourism Attraction Marketing Manager