gradireland Summer Fair: Seminars
This seminar will cover the following topics below;
- Making the Right Impression; Personal Branding – Why does it matter?
- Professional Image; The Corporate Side of Style
- The Importance of Shape and Fit
- Determining Your Workplace Dresscode
- What Do You Need to Buy?
- Creating a Capsule Wardrobe for Work
- Personal Branding in the World Wide Web – How does it impact?
- Your Life Online – What to Say and Where to Say it
Laura Jordan, Style Savvy
Laura Jordan is a Fashion Stylist, Image Consultant and Owner of StyleSavvy®. Having developed StyleSavvy® to a full-service style consultancy, Laura offers individual consultations, small-group workshops and large-scale events. Specialising in Corporate Dressing and Workwear Wardrobes, Laura’s popular ‘StyleWorks’ seminar features a comprehensive guide to Interview Style. Working with both established corporations and recent graduates, she addresses Workplace Image with smart, realistic and price-conscious advice. Laura also lectures in Fashion Styling and Image Consultancy in Dublin Institute of Design and is a Fashion Contributor with SaturdayAM on TV3.
At this seminar find out what you need to do to impress your interviewers and maximise your chances of getting the job.
- What is the most efficient and successful way to prepare for your interview - hint - it is NOT doing an internet search of "Most Popular Interview Questions" - that's the worst way! How to make a great first impression.
- What is a Competency Interview and what's the best way to answer those questions?
- Video Interviews - what do I need to know? Tips and techniques to avoid blanking, reduce interview nerves and do a great interview.
Sinead English, Career Consultant, Hilt
Sinéad English is a career consultant and founder of Hilt - Back Yourself. Hilt works with clients advising on all aspects of the career management process including career change planning, online and offline networking, creating job search action plans, writing CVs and preparing clients to ace their interview. We have helped 1000s of students and graduates secure highly competitive graduate roles and we know what it takes to make a strong impact at an interview. Sinéad lectures on Career Management at the University of Limerick. Prior to establishing Hilt - Back Yourself, Sinéad spent 13 years as an investment banker for JP Morgan in London.
Angela Collins, WIT, Head of Careers
Angela Collins is the Head of Careers and Careers Advisor at Waterford Institute of Technology. She is enthusiastic about working with undergraduate and graduate students to help discover their passions and assist them in developing their career, academic and personal goals. She enjoys interacting with students of many backgrounds and perspectives. Angela is an active member of AHECS and has served on a number of committees and working groups over the years.
Breda Hegarty, pre-employment trainer, Business in the Community
Breda Hegarty is the Pre-employment Trainer with Business in the Community. She is the author of the www.thejobmotivator.com blog and has written many articles for jobseekers. Breda draws on over 9 years of experience, working closely with people that have barriers to gaining employment. She has met with many HR managers of the top companies in Ireland to keep up to date with HR trends and to impart this knowledge. To date she has supported over 2,000 jobseekers from 93 countries, with approximately 70% of those going on to start employment or further education as part of the EPIC Programme.