For careers advisers
Information for our partners in the Association of Higher Education Careers Services.
About the partnership
gradireland is a true partnership between the Careers Services of the Universities, ITs and Colleges across Ireland and Northern Ireland (represented by the Association of Higher Education Careers Services) and their professional publishing partner, GTI Ireland, part of the GTI Group, the world’s largest graduate careers publishing company. This partnership ensures the credibility and accuracy of all gradireland products and services, as well as the support and promotion of these products and services to students and graduates nationwide by their Careers Services. Profits from the partnership are reinvested by the Association of Higher Education Careers Services to benefit careers services, students and graduates, and recruiters, in providing training, research and promoting best practice in graduate careers and employability in Ireland.
How to use this website
gradireland has been designed to help students and recent graduates in their career planning and job hunting. Here are some key features of the site that will help you when advising students:
- Get started: use this to work with students in their early stage career exploration. Contains gradireland #FYI video and career path content, and houses the Careers Report. The Careers Report is an online career planning tool, with built-in psychometric tests, to help students identify their most suitable careers. Outputs include a list of suggested careers which links to 300 job descriptions on the site. This is a useful exercise for students to undertake prior to an advice session with a careers adviser.
- Working with Finalists: This video helps Finalists see how best to use the site to find graduate programmes and graduate jobs, research employers and start making applications.
- gradireland publications: Copies of gradireland print publications, including directories and sector guides, available to download. This includes some titles, written by AHECS members, that are not currently available in print.
- Careers advice: General advice on all aspects of career planning and job hunting, including self-assessment; CVs and applications; interviews, assessment centres and tests; labour market information.
- Career sectors: Information on over 20 different career sectors, with job descriptions, case studies and links to jobs and employers.
- 300 graduate job descriptions, which can be sorted by sector.
- Jobs and employers: Search by sector or keyword. Refine your search to view jobs and graduate schemes, employer profiles or work experience/internships. Link to Ireland’s 100 leading graduate employers, where high-flying students can research the most popular recruiters by ranking or sector.
- Work experience: Dedicated work experience section with careers advice and list of current work experience/internship vacancies.
- Events calendar: List of all gradireland events plus those organised by university careers services and recruiters. Contact us to have your careers fair included.
- Registration: Please encourage your students to register with gradireland. Benefits include jobs by email and access to the gradireland Careers Report.
Other sources of information from gradireland
- The gradireland Graduate Salary & Graduate Recruitment Trends Survey: Annual publication, available by request from gradireland.
- postgradireland.com: Searchable database of all postgraduate courses in Ireland and Northern Ireland, profiles of postgraduate institutions in Ireland, Northern Ireland and abroad, advice for postgraduates.
- The gradireland blog: Topical advice and information from the gradireland team plus guest bloggers from AHECS members and others.
- gradireland on Facebook
- gradireland on YouTube
- gradireland on Twitter
- postgradireland on Twitter
If you have any questions about gradireland publications or events, please feel free to email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.