ACCA – the largest global body for professional accountants
Do you want a flexible qualification that’s accessible to all graduates, offers excellent career progression, high earning potential, continued innovation, and is recognised in 181 countries?
Look no further than a career in accountancy and finance as an ACCA qualified accountant.
Why choose ACCA?
The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) is the global body for professional accountants with 633,000 students and members located in 181 countries. Our qualification is supported by a global network of learning providers – we also work with more than 7,000 employers world-wide.
In Ireland ACCA have over 20,000 members and students alone. We work with the World’s leading multinationals located in Ireland, and in 2016 we expanded entry routes to the qualification introducing Accelerate and ACCA-X. This has made joining ACCA more accessible for anyone who wants to pursue a career a business leader.
Accelerate offers a unique entry route to ACCA for accounting & finance degree holders. Details are outlined below.
ACCA-X offer students without a background in accounting and finance an introduction to bookkeeping and management accounting through a range of online courses. These courses are on demand and you can enrol at any time at www.acca-x.com
How are we different from other accountancy bodies?
- We are truly global – ACCA is recognised in 181 countries worldwide
- We offer flexibility to study at your own pace – on a part time or full time basis or by distance learning
- ACCA offers more flexibility to candidates with on-demand Computer Based Exams
- We offer 4 paper exam sittings per annum allowing students sit exams at their own pace
- Specialise in whichever area you wish, from audit to management accounting
- Unlike other bodies, you don’t need a training contract to study with ACCA
- There are a range of tuition options to suit everybody including classroom options, online, blended and self-study options
- A variety of entry routes are available to suit relevant and non-relevant degree holders
- ACCA has its own careers and employment platform – to sign up for job alerts register at jobs.accaglobal.com
How have we prepared for the future?
In September 2018 we will introduce changes to the qualification which reflect the real world environment based on realistic scenarios within modern business. These changes reflect future needs and requirements of global employers and will prepare our students to be more work ready and employable than ever.
To learn more or to register visit yourfuture.accaglobal.com
Accelerate your career
In 2016 ACCA expanded its entry route for relevant students to the qualification with the introduction of Accelerate. So if you are a student studying an Accounting or Finance degree, Accelerate could help you fast track your journey to becoming a Chartered Certified Accountant.
What is Accelerate
Accelerate is an exclusive arrangement between ACCA and universities where students can join ACCA early and accelerate their career in accounting and finance.
ACCA currently have 24 Accelerate agreements in place with universities and institutes throughout Ireland. As well as helping students financially, through discounted exemptions and registration fees, Accelerate also prepares the student for their career ahead.
Who is Accelerate for
Accelerate is for students on accounting and finance programmes eligible for up to 9 ACCA exemptions
What are the benefits of Accelerate
Our aim is to prepare Accelerate students for the workplace through a bespoke nurture programme, and through the established relationships ACCA have with employers within the Irish market. Some additional benefits of joining include:
- Significant reductions on ACCA exemptions and registration fees
- Exclusive career advice and job opportunities
- Access to video, webinars and newsletters exclusive to Accelerate students developed with industry experts and which will support you to improve interview and networking skills
How do I Join Accelerate
If your university is signed up to Accelerate, just let your course leaders know that you want to get on the programme. They’ll then give you an Accelerate letter and a registration code exclusive to your course.
Once you have your letter and registration code, make sure you also have:
- Proof of identity
- Passport sized photo
- A copy of your Accelerate letter
Once you have these details contact the team in Dublin by email. We’ll get in touch and talk you through the registration process:
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!