As new members of the Cardinal Health team, you will be the keepers of our promise. You must strive to deliver on it at every point of internal and external contact, from the solutions and services we provide, to the work that you do every day. You will take pride in the work Cardinal Health does across the continuum of care, from the first crate loaded to the last dosage taken, from the simple box of bandages to the complex clinical trial. You will remain the humble partner, trusted advisor, and tenacious advocate you’ve always been.
Above all, you’ll be essential. The winds of change are pushing our customers and their patients into an uncertain future. So be their vision. Be their support. Be their wings.
Who we are
Cardinal Health was originally founded in 1971 as Cardinal Foods – a food wholesaler in Central Ohio.
After creating Cardinal Foods, our founder, Bob Walter, worked to build the business – he invested in the company, and looked to expand our customer offering to include more services in a more integrated way.
He turned to the drug industry, recognizing there were a surprising number of similarities between distributing food and distributing drugs. Most intriguing of all, drug distribution was highly fragmented – and characterized by a lot of small, privately run regional wholesalers. So, in 1979, he acquired 50 percent interest in a small Zanesville Ohio drug distributor called Bailey Drug Company, and quickly saw the potential for a much more aggressive approach to servicing this important industry.
Today, Cardinal Health is much more – we are in the top 300 on the Global Fortune 2000 and are a worldwide provider of exceptional distribution but also products and solutions focused at helping you overcoming your most pressing challenges. As healthcare continues to go through robust change, we understand the pressures our customers are facing to reduce the cost of care and drive patient outcomes. To support this, we built upon our foundation in meaningful ways well beyond logistics to include a range or product and business solutions.
Why work for Cardinal Health?
- We are a $130bn healthcare company, ranked among the top 15 on the Fortune 500.
- We support nearly 4,000 leading healthcare systems around the world.
- Our network operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year.
- We serve more than 2m patients with nearly 50,000 home healthcare products.
- We employ more than 50,000 employees worldwide.
What we stand for
For those tasked with navigating the complexities of healthcare, Cardinal Health brings scaled solutions that help our customers thrive in a changing world.
- We are tenacious in fulfilling our commitments to customers.
- We are accountable for high performance and to each other.
- We are inventive and adaptable.
- We bring a sense of optimism, enthusiasm and competitive spirit to our work.
- We are genuine, open, direct and respectful.
- We can be trusted to do the right thing.
- We are inclusive and work together with confidence and trust.
We’ll help you grow
At Cardinal Health, everyone matters. We’re proud to provide the development, well-being and opportunity you need to enhance your skills, broaden your knowledge, and achieve a healthy
lifestyle in your career here.
At Cardinal Health we believe in building talent! We’ve put in place many programs to help you succeed. It starts with an orientation that develops your understanding of us and our business. And it leads to ongoing opportunities for development, so you can grow in your field, stay current on industry developments, and reach for new roles at Cardinal Health.
- Training and development to enhance and add new skills
- Mentoring within your department and across the organization
- Internal courses on topics such as diversity and inclusion
- Tuition reimbursement to encourage you to continue to learn and grow
- Career planning to allow you to see the skills you need to achieve your goals
- Recognition awards to acknowledge service milestones and outstanding achievement
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!