What do all of these people have in common?
- A casting director for Hollywood movies, managing millions of dollars and working with Cate Blanchette, Colin Farrell, Henry Cavil, Jonathan Rhys Meyers and Liam Neeson among others,
- A deputy director in the UN, New York, charged with managing finance for the peacekeeping division,
- A financial controller of a company that won ‘Start-Up of the Year, a company that helps book publishers to thrive in the digital age. And they are pretty fun too........staff parties include trampoline dodge ball nights!
- A finance team lead in Apple getting the opportunity to work for a company that has revolutionised industries around the world,
- An entrepreneur and founder of an award winning company,
- A globetrotter working with leading companies in Bermuda and Canada,
- A former CFO with Coca Cola and Microsoft before going on to launch his own successful practice
- The Irish Accountant of the Year 2016 and 2017 at the Irish Accountancy Awards.
THEY ARE ALL Certified Public Accountants (CPA)
Read CPA Ireland success stories here. Click here
Ok so you probably didn’t dream of becoming an accountant when you were a child... or if you did you are definitely more intelligent than the rest of us! But even a quick glance at that list above will show you what an exciting career you can have as a CPA.
Here are some quick facts
- CPA is the most recognised professional designation globally
- Over one million accountants worldwide are CPAs
- CPA’s work in 50 countries
- 100% of our most recent graduates are in full-time employment
Becoming a CPA is more than being an accountant. Having the CPA qualification leads to a long rewarding career and one that allows you to simultaneously have a life outside of work. The all important work-life balance!
CPAs can be found in every sector from healthcare, financial services, IT, education, tech and gaming. And they are not simply crunching numbers either – holding diverse roles at senior management level from managing partners to chief financial officers, chief executives and entrepreneurs. The success of CPAs in securing employment in industry, the public sector and private practice in over 50 countries reflects the value of a CPA qualification. It’s a strong brand which builds strong connections.
The CPA qualification is open to everyone, from school leavers and graduates to mature students and professionals.
Wherever you want to go with your career, CPA Ireland can help you get there.
CPA Trainee Remote
This new online programme of study is aimed at assisting CPA students to identify, develop and apply the skills and competencies required to effectively operate as a CPA Trainee accountant within a remote environment. The course is available to new and current student of the CPA accountancy qualification.
Course modules include Remote Communication Skills, Digital Skills for Remote Working, Fundamentals for Remote Trainees, Excel and Revenue on line Systems.
For further details of the programme and to register your interest, please visit https://www.cpaireland.ie/become-a-student/CPA-Qualifications/cpa-trainee-remote
If you are interested in receiving further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of the CPA Ireland team will be in contact with you with relevant information.
CPA Ireland FastTrack
If you are participating in work placement or summer internships, you can count this experience now towards your 3 years training requirement.
- Qualify faster and become a member of CPA in as little as 24 months after you graduate compared to the normal 36 months.
- Benefit from no registration fee and no student subscription while working towards earning generous exemptions.
- Further details are available here
CPA Ireland Careers Advisory Service
If you are thinking about pursuing the CPA Qualification, we can help you establish your accountancy career & secure a trainee role.
Connect with Employers
- Receive introductions to employers who will cover the CPA Qualification fees.
One to One Support
- Benefit from the support of a dedicated Careers Advisor who will guide you through your job search.
- Receive detailed feedback on your CV & learn how to make it stand out.
- Build up your confidence with a tailored interview preparation session.
Further details are available here, visit out careers page.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!