About FDM Group
FDM Group is a dynamic IT services provider, a FTSE 250 company and one of the UK’s leading graduate employers. We have kick-started the careers of thousands of individuals across the globe through our renowned graduate careers programme, which combines IT training and two years' work experience with some of the largest companies in the world such as Sky, Virgin Media, Bank of America and Channel 4, to name a few.
COVID-19 update: Find out about FDM’s Coronavirus (Covid-19) preparations here.
FDM Careers Programme
What makes our graduate programme unique is the variety of year-round opportunities available to start a career in technology. Through our 6-14 weeks training, you’ll be able to gain industry-recognised qualifications in core IT disciplines including Software Development, Robotic Process Autonomation, Software Testing, Business Intelligence and many other pathways.
Once online training has been completed, you will become an FDM consultant and will have the opportunity to gain commercial experience with some of the world’s leading brands across different industries for at least two years.
Our consultants are continuously supported during their career with FDM through initiatives, such as our Mentoring Programme, Consultant Peer Support Programme and Employee Networks, which focus on your development and ensure that you have the necessary skills required to succeed on client site. FDM operates on a global scale with offices located across Europe, North America and Asia Pacific and we currently have over 3,900 consultants working across 34 industries and you could be next.
In summary, we will equip you with:
- IT and business training from industry experts
- Two years of hands-on commercial experience
- A foot in the door with one or more of our prestigious clients
- Exposure to dynamic working environments
- Ongoing career support and professional development
An Inclusive Recruitment Process
- Everyone who interviews applicants for our careers programme has undergone unconscious bias training
- We use strengths-based questions from the first telephone interview through to assessment day, which ensures we are assessing applicants based on their motivations and goals
- We are degree agnostic and encourage candidates from a non-STEM background to consider a career in tech
As a result, of our UK graduate consultant intake respondents 2020:
- 40% are the first in their family to attend university
- 4% identify with having a disability
- 53% are from a BAME background
- 88% attended a state school
At FDM, there are 90+ nationalities working together as a team, with 31% of FDM's global workforce being female.
What our people say
‘Before I joined FDM, I didn’t have any IT experience but had a passion for web development, so I applied for the Software Development stream (Java). I’m now placed in the insurance sector as a Data Analyst where I have the chance to further expand my technical skills’
Farayi Mukada, Java Data Analyst
‘After graduation, I decided to join FDM and explore the great range of career development opportunities they offer. During my time in the academy I was able to gain new skills and qualifications which are now very critical in my role. I’m currently working for the UK's biggest public service department and, as part of my role, I take on multiple projects to enable the business to transform.’
Victoria Webster, Delivery Manager
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!