General Motors Ireland
Who are we?
At General Motors, we’re dedicated to achieving our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion. We are looking for people who are passionate about helping us create safer, better and more sustainable solutions for personal mobility.
As part of the General Motors Global Information Technology (IT) Team, our sites in Dublin and Limerick are responsible for developing and deploying the latest software and technology to our global sites. Whether it’s related to applications, infrastructure, databases, operations, security or telecommunications, we’re working each day to harness the power of innovation and deliver practical solutions.
Our Graduate Apprenticeship Programme
We offer recent graduates the opportunity to participate in a one-year apprenticeship programme which provides new professionals work experience and onsite training. These roles are anything but ordinary as they will enable you to use ground-breaking technology to deliver results.
With a team that ranges from experienced IT professionals to energized young graduates, like yourself, we provide a tremendous environment for learning and forging opportunities for professional development. We offer a dynamic and collaborative environment in either our Dublin or Limerick office with roles supporting the full lifecycle of information technology management from front-and-back-end programming, user experience, full stack development and emerging technologies.
Some of our positions include:
- Software Developer Apprentice (Limerick)
- Software Developer Apprentice (Dublin)
- Immersive and Display Innovation Engineering Assistant
- Cloud DevOps Developer
- LAN/WAN Network Engineer
- Mainframe Apprentice
At the end of your twelve-month experience, you’ll be ready to continue your career path with a role at GM, or to re-enter the job market armed with real-world experience to hit the ground running.
Who We Look For?
- Inquisitive and dedicated recent grads that are interested in pursuing a career in the information technology field.
- 3rd level degree qualification or postgraduate conversion qualification in computer science, IT engineering or mathematics with an emphasis on coding and software development -or- skills related to network engineering and installation.
- Ability to work collaboratively across different functional areas, between and among engineering teams, operations teams, and with our end-user support teams.
How does our application and interview process work?
- We are planning to launch our next round of apprenticeship hiring in the early spring of 2020. We encourage you to learn more about GM through our corporate site and be sure to check back for our available positions.
Learn more about our hiring process below:
- Review opportunities on our careers site.
- Once you’ve found the right fit, complete and submit your application online.
- Our recruiters will review all the applicants, and should you meet the qualifications, you’ll be asked to complete a HireVue video interview. (Depending on the role, you may also have to participate in a CodeVue computer programming activity.
- If you continue through to the next phase, you will be selected for a formal interview, which will take place over skype or in-person.
- At the completion of the interview process, the team will identify the most qualified candidate and extend an offer.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!