GLG is the world’s leading membership for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from more than 500,000 members and other experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group meetings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Headquartered in New York City, GLG’s 1,400 employees work from 22 offices in 12 countries. For more information visit GLG.it.
At GLG, we are driven by our values: Learning and Curiosity, Responsibility, Courage, Judgment, Fresh Perspective, Service and Integrity.
How We Work
GLG is a growing, fast-paced, and dynamic company. Our office in Dublin, Ireland, seeks to hire recent graduates who are passionate about client service and excited about working in a performance- and metrics-driven environment. We pair top professionals and thought leaders across fields for short- and long-term learning engagements. GLG provides access to timely and essential viewpoints across every business sector. We serve clients in financial and investment institutions, professional service firms, life sciences, the Fortune 500, and entrepreneurs. Our clients leverage GLG experts to provide knowledge on macro issues down to the most specific topics. Our experts include business leaders, academics, scientists, doctors, policy specialists, economic advisors, and many others.
What could you learn from the world’s leading companies? How could that exposure help you grow?
GLG Associates are alumni of leading academic institutions and top-tier firms worldwide, with diverse backgrounds ranging from languages, humanities, business and medicine. You will gain access to incredible experience, insights and skills that will serve you during your career at GLG and beyond. Those who work here are ambitious, leading-edge thinkers. Working with us means being part of an entrepreneurial enterprise where teamwork is a key component to success. The program places an imperative on developing strong business acumen, time-management skills, and practical communication skills. Associates make an immediate impact by liaising with key opinion leaders and senior level industry executives. Our employees develop strong skills working in collaborative, team-led, goal-driven frameworks and learn to meet and surpass client service expectations consistently.
Client Service Associates are the engine of GLG. Associates in GLG Dublin work with professional service firms (management /strategy consulting, advisory firms, advertising and PR agencies, and market research firms) as clients. We work with clients across Europe from our Dublin office, and use our language skills (e.g. German, French, Italian, Swedish, Spanish, and other European languages) every day. Our Client Service Associate Programme involves a fast-paced progression through our global market-making operation:
- Junior Associates (first 6-9 months) focus on recruiting new experts into GLG’s global membership and learning the skills needed to be effective client service professionals.
- Senior Associates (next 12-18 months) work directly with clients to understand their needs and help them learn and make better decisions every day.
Once the programme is complete, GLGers have the option to pursue many career paths, including management opportunities and/or leadership on major accounts within client service, business development, content, and product. Top-performing associates can graduate from the programme in as little as 18 months.
For the Associate Programme, we seek strong communicators from all majors and diverse personal, academic, and professional backgrounds, who are persistent, team-oriented, inquisitive, and adaptable. We seek applicants with Bachelors or Master’s degrees from top-tier colleges and universities or equivalent work experience. These factors will strengthen an applicant’s candidacy:
- Fluency in English and one or more European language is preferred (i.e. German, Swedish, Finnish, French, Spanish, Italian, Russian, etc.)
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills, including demonstrated oral and written abilities;
- Demonstrated commitment and attention to detail, ideally in a high-volume, fast-paced environment;
- Strong problem-solving skills and desire to learn about new topics;
- Passion for client service, especially with experience in phone-based professional communication;
- Ability to build and manage relationships across the full professional spectrum including senior colleagues and extremely senior outside professionals
- Strong desire to work in a collaborative environment
- Demonstrated ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility and autonomy over time
- Undergraduate or graduate result of 2:1 or higher.
Current graduate programme opportunities
- Dublin Client Service Associate Programme | September 2018
- Dublin Client Service Associate Programme | German Speaking | September 2018
- Dublin Client Service Associate Programme | Swedish Speaking | September 2018
- Dublin Client Service Associate Programme | Healthcare | September 2018
To apply, please visit: glg.it/careers/dublin
I was drawn to GLG by the opportunity to use my language skills and to gain exposure to many different topics through the Associate Programme. I started with GLG as an Associate, where I engaged... Read more
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!