Iarnród Éireann Irish Rail
When you join Iarnród Éireann Irish Rail, you join a company that is both servicing Ireland’s current transport needs and building the country’s sustainable future.
Railways have operated in Ireland for 185 years. They connect its cities and towns and operate as the beating heart of its social and economic engine. We are investing in new track, signalling and trains to meet the demands of the future.
We need graduates to join us to be the next generation of company leaders. We provide training, opportunities and we value our people. We are proud of our past and passionate about our future. If you have a customer focus, enjoy working in a team environment and want to help us build Ireland’s future, come join us.
A subsidiary of Córas Iompair Éireann, Iarnród Éireann provides passenger and freight rail services as well as operating Rosslare Europort.
Intercity rail passenger services operate between Dublin and Sligo, Ballina, Westport, Galway, Limerick, Ennis, Tralee, Cork, Waterford and Rosslare Europort and Iarnród Éireann jointly operates the Dublin to Belfast Enterprise service with Northern Ireland Railways.
Regional services include the Limerick to Galway line, Cork commuter network, Limerick Junction to Waterford, and Limerick to Ballybrophy (via Nenagh) services.
In addition to the DART service, which operates between Greystones and Howth/Malahide, we also run the commuter service in the Dublin area between Gorey, Drogheda, M3 Parkway and Maynooth, as well as Commuter services to Kildare both from Heuston and from Grand Canal Dock via the Phoenix Park Tunnel
Iarnród Éireann Irish Rail are looking for graduate engineers to join our engineering teams with the Civil, Mechanical, Signalling, Electrical and Telecommunications Departments. We are also interested in civil, construction, electrical and electronic engineering graduates to work directly on the Capital Investment projects.
- We are seeking graduates who are highly motivated to work in a highly specialised environment such as the railway in this really exciting phase of growth.
- It is essential that applicants hold a level 8 honours degree in Civil, electrical, mechanical, electronic engineering or related qualifications.
- The new graduate programme provides graduates with an opportunity to further develop the skills gained throughout their educational journey, aligning them with the expectations within Iarnród Éireann Irish Rail while introducing new avenues for application.
- This programme is designed to enhance already present skills and develop new complimentary skills that will help graduates navigate their new roles and responsibilities in line with the needs expressed by the organisation.
What you will be doing?
- The graduate programme will include a multimethod approach to learning. It will involve a series of masterclasses, assignments, projects, technical work placements specific to their respective disciplines and one to one coaching.
- The graduate programme begins in September 2020 and will run for three years.
What about you?
Graduates should be able to demonstrate the following skills;
- Strong communication skills
- Learning Agility and resilience
- Interpersonal skills, including emotional intelligence, cultural awareness, team-working skills and general people skills
- Critical and Lateral thinking
- Decision-making and problem-solving
- The Graduate Programme will be advertised W/C 24th February 2020 and applications will be open for four weeks.
- Online tests will commence 23/03 to 29/03.
- Interviews will take place April 2020 with an assessment centre on the train.
- We expect to make offers early May 2020.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!