ION – Leadership Development Programme - Dublin
ION is a market leading FinTech company providing pioneering software and consultancy services to customers around the globe. We serve large financial institutions, niche trading firms, central banks, and multinational corporations. Our mission is automation through innovation. We simplify complex processes, streamline, and digitize businesses, building a competitive advantage for our customers. Our products help the world's leading organizations do more, in a better and simpler way than ever before.
ION software underpins the global fixed income, FX, and derivatives markets, and we are a leading market provider of treasury and commodity software. With a dynamic team of 2,600 employees, 35 global offices, and over 1,900 clients worldwide, ION provides an unparalleled experience for those who share our passion for growth and technology evolution.
The Leadership Development Programme is tailor made for you in areas which meet your career interests and skillset- opening you up to a world of endless career possibilities.
This is a Graduate programme aimed at developing well-rounded business people who can go on to become leaders in our organisation.
The Leadership Development Programme offers graduates two options: 1) Rotational stream or 2) Immersion stream:
The Rotational stream consists of three unique rotations, each approximately 9 months long, in various functional teams. This option is suited to graduates who don’t yet have a fixed idea of what area they want to work in and want to get exposure to a variety of functions and business units, while developing a broad skillset.
The Immersion stream is targeted at graduates who have a clearer idea of the area of the business they want to focus on and want to get started in that area right away. Of course, choosing the Immersion option does not preclude internal mobility at a later stage in your ION career.
Some possible rotations and deep dive areas are:
- Commercial - Preparation and negotiation of commercial contracts, working closely with our Legal team, and managing our pipeline reporting process
- Revenue Reporting - Providing accurate and timely revenue reports and analysis to senior stakeholders
- Invoicing - Managing customer invoicing process and query resolution
- Credit Control - Maximizing revenue collection from debtors in shortest possible lead time
- Accounts Payable - Ensuring expenditure is recorded in a prompt and accurate manner while maintaining financial process controls. Payment of supplier invoices and cash reconciliations
- Treasury - Ownership of cash management and forecasting processes. Managing lender relationships whilst minimizing the cost of debt
- Management Accounting - Producing monthly, quarterly and annual financial results
- Legal –Working with our Commercial team to help manage risk exposure. Drafting commercial documentation. Assisting with credit control, customer and vendor relations, and dispute resolution.
- Lean – Business process optimization to eliminate inefficiencies and maximize quality
- Spend Optimization – Providing senior decision making support analysis and managing relationships with the groups key suppliers
Each team exposes you to a different functional area within one of ION’s core business units. Within each business unit, there is a core focus on defining best practice processes and managing improvement initiatives to implement these processes across all ION group entities.
You will gain invaluable business skills, develop a high-level understanding of ION's mission and are better positioned to become a future leader at ION. Throughout your rotations, you will be given immediate responsibility, exposure to senior management and the opportunity to work on a global scale. At ION, your contribution of innovative ideas is always valued and your voice is always heard.
- Communicate effectively with clients and internal teams
- Prepare internal and client facing presentations and analysis
- Take ownership of projects and manage deadlines
- Exercise attention to detail in all aspects of performance
- Multitask and think critically under pressure
- Demonstrate creativity and innovation
- Think strategically and build mental models
- Automate to simplify complex processes internally and for customers
This fast-moving and pivotal program demands dynamic and ambitious people. As a successful rotational graduate:
- You are skilled at using in-depth analysis to get to the bottom of complex issues
- You can take responsibility and ownership for your work, for which you are held accountable
- You thrive when challenged with an array of tasks and can stay focused on priorities
- You have strong problem-solving capabilities
- You have the willingness to challenge the status quo and focus on continuous improvement
- You remain focused and produce results even in high-pressure situations
- You have the desire to continuously learn and develop
- You are results oriented with the ability to focus on the details and complete day to day work to a high standard while simultaneously identifying areas for re-engineering
- Undergraduate/Postgraduate with a 1.1 or 2.1 degree
- 450+ CAO points at Leaving Certificate (or equivalent)
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!