Careers in IT with ESB
ESB Graduate Development Programme – Your Brighter Future Awaits
We have a number of exciting graduate opportunities starting in 2018 for graduates with as diverse a background as IT, Computer Sciences, Business Information Systems, Engineering, Business, Finance or an equivalent course where IT is a component.
Who we are
ESB is Ireland’s foremost energy company. We have been supplying power to industry, communities and individuals for 90 years. Through innovation, expertise and investment, we are leading the way in developing smart and sustainable energy systems to meet the demands of modern life, both at home and overseas, making us a vital part of building a brighter, more sustainable future.
At the heart of this is ESB’s IT Services team.
We design, deliver and support ESB’s extensive IT landscape through innovative IT solutions. Our team of almost 600 IT Professionals operates one of the most technologically advanced IT and telecommunications infrastructures in the country, supporting hundreds of 3rd party, custom and cloud applications, websites and many largescale enterprise systems. We have one of the largest IT spends in the country, delivering a large number of multi-million euro projects each year.
Our IT Graduate Development Programme
Joining ESB’s IT Services team, you will be part of a highly motivated and skilled team where you will have the opportunity to deliver results in a fast-paced, innovative team environment. Our IT Graduate Development Programme is structured into three distinct career paths where you will be able to grow professionally, as well as develop the necessary skills to help you on your way to career success. Depending on your career aspirations, personal preferences, prior work experiences and educational background, you can focus your career in the following directions:
- Functional A Functional career path in ESB focuses on designing, building and supporting system solutions for our complex, multifaceted businesses.
Typical roles: Functional Analysts (Finance, HR, Billing, CRM, Procurement, Work Management, Asset Management)
- Project Management Our Project Management career path will provide you with essential methodologies, tools and processes to manage projects, balanced with hands-on project experience.
Typical roles: PO Lead, Change Management, Process Design, Business Analysts, Test Analysts.
- Technical Our Technical career path will provide you with the opportunity to work on our advanced IT systems and applications – anything from servers to mobile applications, or data analytics to collaboration.
Typical roles: Application Development, Business Intelligence, Data Science, Technology Architecture, End User Computing, Infrastructure, Database Management.
Our bespoke IT Graduate Development Programme includes:
- structured rotations;
- challenging assignments;
- robust learning and development;
- experience working on major projects;
- exposure to different aspects of our business;
- a mentor who will help you on your journey.
You will be offered a competitive salary and an extensive benefits package.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!